SASS Wire Forum

BROWNELLS HAS SMALL PISTOL MAGNUM PRIMERS

They still have them at 9:32pm CST.  I didn't order any, but put some in the cart to see what the total came to.  With hazmat, shipping, and tax, $245.  But hey, they're Federals for all you light spring guys! 

That's one thing I like Natchez.  It has been mostly CCI when they have them, but their somewhat lower price and limit of 5K brings their price down to $100/K.

3 hours ago, Caprock Leatherneck, SASS #54382 said:

LIMIT 2000.A LITTLE PRICEY . BUT HEY THEY ARE AVAILABLE.

CAPROCK

Thanks CL.

31 minutes ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

And they are gone!

Still showing in stock for me.  In that link above, you have to scroll down to the magnum SPP to see the "in stock" ones.

1 hour ago, Nichols Creek, SASS #77627 said:

And they are gone!

Bought about 9:30...maybe I got last of them. Got 2 last night after reading CL's post.  Post 2K this morning after getting early text from Panhandle Slim that they were still in stock.

GM200M has been my favorite primer for many years.  Always a little higher than most but I have had excellent results with them.  That is not to say I would not have with standard  100 or 200, but piece of mind is worth it to me.  

If buying primers at what others consider high keeps me in game longer, then I believe price is worth it.  Of course there is boundaries and staying away from hoarders prices.  I do not consider buying primers from Brownells, Midway, Natchez, or even locally at Cowboy Guns buying from hoarders.  My thought is they get merchandise as and when they can at the price they feel with sell that product as they pass merchandise on to us.  Doubt any of those mentioned are making much profit, and all business need to make a profit even if 1%.  Yes, I too used to buy these same primers in 50K lots at probably around $135-150/5K but that is in the past and Sassy and I want to shoot.  Without primers, all the powder and bullets I have are worthless to us.  I picked up GM100 recently from favorite LGS for more than these GM200M and I am happy with that because I feel I can get back to a little practice and, God granting me health, couple more years of shooting.

Hope you get some primers NC.   If you get behind, let me know.

I didn't need any but was suprised they stayed in stock as long as they did ... 

Anyhow ... I put a pair in the "cart" yesterday to see what the total "out the door" price would be and noticed that you get a discount ($5 per box ... not much but better than nothing) for an FFL (even a C&R FFL).  10_1_20.gif.4ccadb0c4d078c54f6d5d0996e0d16b8.gif

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

However, they now show CCI small rifle magnum primers in stock - $95/1,000 limit of 2,000.

You don't want those for CAS, harder than small rifle.

As for the federal small magnums, I left them in my cart yesterday after checking to see what the final price would be.  This morning I had an email from Brownells offering $15 off my cart, so I thought what the heck it's only money, so I decided to order.  First I clicked on the link above again and verified that it said they were still in stock.  But then when I went to pay at checkout they switched to out of stock.  Oh well.

You are right about these primers being unsuitable for CAS.  However, some of our shooters load for more than CAS and may have a need for magnum small rifle primers.  It pays to keep checking with online distributors.  Supplies keep appearing.

And right now they (Brownells) have CCI small rifle (not mag) for $84.99/K (limit 2).  These go bang in my guns after tightening the '73 strain screw a little.  They also just now are showing Winchester Super Target (WST) in stock, but only in 1 lb. bottles (limit 2).

1 hour ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Hey!! You want more Federal??!? Here are some ... and ... you can buy 2 sleeves at at time!! (as of 6am Arizona) ... B)

https://www.natchezss.com/federal-gold-medal-small-pistol-primer-1000-ct.html

There gone but they still have magnums for the moment 

Natchez:  right now, both standard and magnum Federal SPPs.  Gee, I know they are "match" primers, but $114.95/K?  At least the CCI small rifle (which are in stock) are "only" $86.99/K.  And they must have a lot of the Federals as those are 10K limit, versus 5K limit on CCI.

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

$663.82 for 5k-  I just couldn't talk myself into buying them.

I got an email from a club member this afternoon expressing the same opinion.  Primers at this cost are simply unavailable to he and his wife.  His wife shoots at the championship level.  However, they will be out of primers before Land Run and will quit shooting before the end of this year.

And Natchez STILL has those Federal SPP and magnum SPP with limit of 10K.  Either they have a crapload of them or people are resisting spending that much ( $114.99/K plus hazmat, tax, shipping).

On 4/30/2022 at 2:45 PM, Hells Comin said:

$663.82 for 5k-  I just couldn't talk myself into buying them.

It’s certainly expensive,  but for the people that have to have federal primers and are out , I guess it’s pay the man or don’t shoot . 

14.382 cents per primer w/ Tax, Shipping & Hazmat..... That's about $4 per Stage just for Primers.......... OUCH, That Hurt!!!!

But,  It'll keep me Shootin' fer awhile longer at least :wacko:

Archived