SASS Wire Forum

How old were your grandkids when they wanted a mobile phone?

Buckshot Bear

My son wanted a computer when he was 9. Got him a Commodore 64. Remember those? ;)

Older grandson got his when he started high school and had to ride the bus. He was the first stop on the morning route and the last stop in the evening, so he was out the door at 6:15 and got home around 4:30.

Youngest got his when his mom and dad divorced.

I have no idea. But a couple of years ago I was talking to various neighbor children about them. The little girls live behind me - 5, 7 and 10. I see what appears to be a cell phone in the hands of the middle child. I asked if it's real. Yes. I asked the older girl does she have a cell phone, and of course she does. I point to the five-year-old and ask about her, and her sisters tell me no, and I'm thinking that their parents at least have a little bit of sense when the 7-year-old tells me, "she kept throwing it on the street when she would get mad and she finally broke it".

Then the 10-year-old informs me that she got her first cell phone when she was five.

4 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I'd say that most of us were WELL in to adulthood before we had them, (I got my first at 33). :rolleyes:How DID we get through childhood without them!?!?:blink: Something like this:

s-l1600.jpg

Boy did I miss that 3 watt bag phone during the years when the provider networks didn't have good tower coverage.  

Archived