SASS Wire Forum

High Profile People Visiting Ukraine

Buckshot Bear

Gotta' wonder how safe is it for the high profile people who have been Ukraine lately? One would think it would be unbelievably dangerous for the likes of UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson to be strolling around the streets with Zelensky as well as US Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken and Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin.

I have a feeling they were well-protected, by both their own security troops, and Ukrainians as well.  Were anything to happen, say a Russian missile, I would hope we would take appropriate retaliatory action.  Maybe not, though.  Anyway, the question is moot, as those "diplomats" are outa there.

Roosevelt, and Churchill went to the Mediterranean in WW2. 

Zelensky invited to Bali G20 alongside Putin

https://www.smh.com.au/world/asia/zelensky-invited-to-bali-g20-alongside-putin-20220428-p5agtf.html

Singapore: Vladimir Putin and Volodymyr Zelensky could face off at this year’s G20 summit in Bali after the Ukraine president revealed he had been invited by Indonesian leader Joko Widodo.

Indonesia has found itself caught between a rock and a hard place after assuming the presidency of the global economic forum this year as Western leaders have pushed for Russia’s expulsion.

It faces the threat of a possible boycott if it does not rescind Moscow’s ticket to November’s world leader gathering because of the invasion of Ukraine, a move it has been unwilling to make so far.

However, Jakarta’s hopes of salvaging the summit may be improved if Ukraine, a non-G20 member, is also represented this year and Joko, known as Jokowi, has now reached out to him to attend, Zelensky wrote on Twitter.

“Had talks with President @jokowi... Appreciate inviting me to the @g20org summit,” he said.

Zelensky did not say whether he intended to travel to the summit but Indonesia’s invitation comes after United States President Joe Biden called for Ukraine to be present there.

Having Turned down the State Dept multiple times for 6 figure  per 8 month jobs working PSD (personal security detachments) for these I can say they are there with them .  My last time turning them done would have put me right at Afghanistan during exit so it was known prior , and knowing the people in Benghazi I will pass It shows what they think of us .   That being said America stopped winning wars when Generals stopped dying in them . 

Archived