SASS Wire Forum

Uberti grips

Anybody know who carries gunfighter 

Grips for uberti 1873 or cattlemen?

1 piece

Thanks

Yellowboy

These will fit your Cattleman just fine (same grip frame). They are the same as Uberti gunfighter grips (not one piece) except you have the Beretta logo along with the big dog at the bottom. I have them on all my revolvers (even the Piettas). They come w/ screws/bushings (easy to fit). 

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/gun-accessories/handguns/grips/stampede-grips-plastic-standard/

stampedeA.jpg.6613febd5c687fd7f5585085a251a8c2.jpg

I have these Uberti 1860 army grips that I took off. If you want them IM me your address and I will send them to you. If you can make them work you can pay me what you think they are worth. If they don't work then they will be in your parts box and not mine :) 

Judah

IMG_0581.jpg

Have you checked in the SASS Marketplace? I know there are come vendors there that sell grips.

Judah

I think those are what i have now

Looking for thin gf grips

Thanks

Howdy Mt. Zion.  By Gunfighter Grips I'm assuming you want grips thinner than stock?  There don't seem to be as many choices out there for thin Uberti grips as there are for Rugers.  The ones Pete showed above look pretty thin and priced right but maybe you want something other than plastic or just don't want the screw showing.  You might consider Arizona Custom Grips.  They only sell on ebay, here's their stuff: 

https://www.ebay.com/sch/arizonacustomgrips/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

They call their material Magnatusk but it is some kind of polymer and they have several colors to choose from.  I have a set on one conversion and have just ordered some more.  They can make them VERY thin:

Magnatusk1.jpg

Magnatusk2.jpg

48 minutes ago, Mt.Zion Yellowboy, SASS #44074 said:

Judah

I think those are what i have now

Looking for thin gf grips

Thanks

I was thinking you could reshape them to the thickness you wanted

2 hours ago, Judah MacAbee SASS #64095 Life said:

I was thinking you could reshape them to the thickness you wanted

On the first set of Evil Roy prototype revolvers that ER shot for a year before Cimarron and Uberti put them into production, Gene just took a band saw (or belt sander?  I'm not sure) to the side of his grips.  Just a raw cut, no finishing; they were really ugly, but he shot them well.

27 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

On the first set of Evil Roy prototype revolvers that ER shot for a year before Cimarron and Uberti put them into production, Gene just took a band saw (or belt sander?  I'm not sure) to the side of his grips.  Just a raw cut, no finishing; they were really ugly, but he shot them well.

Im tempted to do the same then take an @Alamo Andy tip and put a dremel to the sides for a cross cut pattern… then restain ;/

Archived