SASS Wire Forum

I was measuring for a cartridge belt

Rest Drifter

The best way is to use a dressmaker's tape and measure around your waist where you are going to wear the belt.  If you plan to wear it over a heavy coat, include that measurement in addition to the measurement around your pants. Do NOT base it upon your pants size!  

So far as Weight Watchers is concerned, that is a decision you should make in consultation with your primary care physician, based on your overall health.  

As far as "Do 'they' make cartridge belts that long?" I can tell you that Trailrider Products can make one, but it will cost a bit more than belts 48" and smaller.  Also depends on the type of belt you want...a single-piece belt needs a blank longer than a ranger belt (3 pieces). 

5 hours ago, Rest Drifter said:

I used an old belt I had. Put it through my holster loops, put it on over my pants. Marked the belt hole. Then measured from center of buckle to hole. 

Measure to the outer, inside edge of the buckle from the center hole....

12 hours ago, Rest Drifter said:

Where they said to measure…51” …so probably 53” to be safe.

do they make cartridge belts that long, or do I call weight watchers? 
:wacko:

The way I look at it is men's sizes start at XXL

Measure from the hole the buckle prong goes through to where the prong touched the buckle.

Not to pick on larger waisted guys, but I was in the Route 66 Museum and they had a section on Andy Devine, as he was from that area. It mentioned that in his later years his gunbelts belts had to be made from 2 pieces of leather, sewn together, to make it long enough. Always a way to get things done.

Usually 4-6 inches larger than your pant size

21 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

So.  I'm still trying to find a tape measure long enough.  What a nuisance.

Piece of string will work. Just hold a piece end-to-end around where you intend to wear the belt. then lay it out on a tape measure.

Archived