SASS Wire Forum

FS: Beautiful Slim Jim Holsters!--SPF!

Hi all!

Up for sale are my last and BEST pair of black slim jim holsters, right and left hand strong draw, hand made by Old Pueblo Leather/Gene Brown; a true artist with Leather!  These were made for my 8 inch long Uberti Remington '58s in 44 caliber, but my guy was also able to use them for his 1860 Armies as well and they also will fit  Peacemaker/'73 colt/clones with 7 1/2 inch barrels as well.  These were exquisitely made with a flat loop, which holds the holster and gun close and tight to the belt; no flopping around like loop over slim jims!  Slight scuff on the bottom of the left one, otherwise in Beautiful condition! Lovely Border tooling with a single rossette, open toe and all stitching strong and intact! 

$146 shipped priority mail with tracking!  USPS MO or personal check ok!  Not interested in any trades.

image.jpeg.ce7e1360dcb0081220962a21d0b814be.jpegimage.jpeg.03f8e2d967e82a80524233f5d2bd6a8a.jpeg

• Jackson Haller changed the title to FS: Beautiful Slim Jim Holsters!--SPF!
2 hours ago, Sacramento Johnson #6873 said:

Hi all!

Up for sale are my last and BEST pair of black slim jim holsters, right and left hand strong draw, hand made by Old Pueblo Leather/Gene Brown; a true artist with Leather!  These were made for my 8 inch long Uberti Remington '58s in 44 caliber, but my guy was also able to use them for his 1860 Armies as well and they also will fit  Peacemaker/'73 colt/clones with 7 1/2 inch barrels as well.  These were exquisitely made with a flat loop, which holds the holster and gun close and tight to the belt; no flopping around like loop over slim jims!  Slight scuff on the bottom of the left one, otherwise in Beautiful condition! Lovely Border tooling with a single rossette, open toe and all stitching strong and intact! 

$146 shipped priority mail with tracking!  USPS MO or personal check ok!  Not interested in any trades.

image.jpeg.ce7e1360dcb0081220962a21d0b814be.jpegimage.jpeg.03f8e2d967e82a80524233f5d2bd6a8a.jpeg

I’ll second that about Gene Brown @ Old Pueblo. Back in the mid nineties he built me a rig with a cross draw holster and matching knife sheath. Later he built me two more holsters for different guns but matching the original rig. Collected more of his work since then and would have bought these here as well if I’d seen them before Bad Bascomb !

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Wand3ring_Lon3r said:

Would really like a set with a left hand strong side and a left hand cross draw for 1871-72 Uberti open top navies in 45 Colt with 5 1/2 inch barrels. If you are interested in making them or will pass on the makers info. Thanks 

As noted above, those fine holsters were crafted by Gene Brown at Old Pueblo Leather.

Old Pueblo Leather is in Tucson, Arizona and is searchable on the internet.

Archived