SASS Wire Forum

Primers

My son owns his own trucking business. He text me today that he picked up 88 MILLION primers from Speer/CCI in Lewiston, ID. He usually does it several times a month. Taking them to Minnesota. I told him to save me a million and I'll come get them......FAT CHANCE! They are making primers, we are just not high on the priority list.

Who’s in Minnesota??

3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Who’s in Minnesota??

Isn't that where Federal hangs out?

Eighty eight million sounds like a lot...

... but there are a LOT of shooter/reloaders who don't want to get caught flat-footed again. If all these folks stocked up with, say, 50,000 primers, that would be only 1760 people. Even a measly ten thousand primers per person comes to only 8800 shooters. 

Anyone else find it interesting that Federal is using CCI primers?

How about Magtech? They’re in Minnesota. 

Actually, Vista Outdoor owns both of them and most of the others!!

8 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Federal owns CCI.  (Actually Vista owns both.)

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually, Vista Outdoor owns both of them and most of the others!!

Ah! I did not know that. Interesting. Thank you both. 

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Anyone else find it interesting that Federal is using CCI primers?

How about Magtech? They’re in Minnesota. 

Magtech in Minnesota is apparently the US distributor, Magtech products are made in Brazil.

Wonder how many shipping containers of Magtech products are sitting on a ship....

Makes one wonder were all the primers are coming from that one see's on the auction sites like GunBrokers? They have to come from dealers and employees that have a source to acquire. They all are price gouging and taking advantage of shooters and re-loaders. 

About 6 or 7 months ago I decided to purchase some 12 gauge shells, Midway had limits as well as all the others, some limiting you to 1 or 2 boxes. The prices were double and with shipping almost equal to a box I passed. But within 10 minutes they were gone. I seen it on other sites also. As long as we pay these prices, we're not going to see them on shelves, nor prices come down. We, as shooters and re-loaders in a way by paying these prices encourage these rip-off artists to continue. I know shooters that paid as much as 175.00 for a 1000 small pistol primers and one that admitted paying 800.00 for 5000 primers off Gun Brokers. Its not only individuals, but also Dealers like Midway, Natchez, Brownel, that are using our panic mode to raise their prices. 

The last time we had shortages of primers, there wasn't such a panic, people didn't pay the high prices nor hoard as many are now, and with 4 to 5 months prices came down and even sales on primers because many were now overstocked, many investors who bought at high prices and thought they could make a killing on GunBrokers, were left with selling them at a lower price and a loss in their so called endeavor into making a fortune.

5 hours ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

I know shooters that paid as much as 175.00 for a 1000 small pistol primers and one that admitted paying 800.00 for 5000 primers off Gun Brokers. Its not only individuals, but also Dealers like Midway, Natchez, Brownel, that are using our panic mode to raise their prices. 

These sold for $305 + $25 shipping + hazmat a year and a half ago, and sometime after this auction, I saw some go for $400/1000 + shipping & hazmat.

GunbrokerPrimers.jpg

Archived