SASS Wire Forum

An Italian cargo container must have arrived

Buckshot Bob

I think the container ship thing might be true - I ordered a barrel assembly for a Beretta 92 from Optics Planet some time back, and the order status page finally shows an expected shipping date of May 5th. :)

Given that every other firearms manufacturer has raised their prices due to increases in the cost of raw materials; I wonder about the quality about these given that they seem to be priced at or below pre covid levels.

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Given that every other firearms manufacturer has raised their prices due to increases in the cost of raw materials; I wonder about the quality about these given that they seem to be priced at or below pre covid levels.

Did this gun used to be made with the bead blasted finish ? It would make for a cheap pair of pistols . They have some higher quality ones and a couple of Pietta’s’. I’ve seen more Berettas in stock also so hopefully Italy is starting to fill the pipeline 

2 hours ago, Grey Dog said:

I ordered a Benelli shotgun in November picked it up on Friday. Must have been a big delivery from the Italians 

A couple cargo containers can hold allot of guns 

I have a pair of these that I bought 3 year ago. One was used, the other new, I've put close to a 1000 rounds thru each of them. Nice gun, shoot great, not shiny like the blued ones but the same internals. Got lightened main springs for them from VTI. If you're looking for some inexpensive irons, I'd surely recommend them.

Howdy All,

Bought a pair of USFA Rodeos years ago in the matte finish. I couldn't abide the flat black finish that was never on the old sixguns. I got a tube of Flitz polish and went at them. Paid attention to where they would have worn more. I ended up with a pair of nice grey "antique" looking guns. They looked old, but not abused. I showed them to the President of USFA and, lo and behold, they stared to finish one of their model similarly. By the way, I never got and royalties from them.

Rev. Chase

Still no idea from Taylor's for an Uberti '73 I ordered at EOT.  Hopefully maybe on the next shipment.

On 4/27/2022 at 3:10 PM, Noah Cash said:

Still no idea from Taylor's for an Uberti '73 I ordered at EOT.  Hopefully maybe on the next shipment.

I'm still waiting patiently on the 1860 I ordered back in Jan of '21... 

Archived