SASS Wire Forum

What do you now about Ithaca Model 100 Double Shotgun?

Flaco Joe

Are Ithaca Model 100 shotguns a good option for CAS? I found one with a single trigger in 12 gauge that looks pretty nice. 

What would be a good price range for one? 

Thanks

Excellent light and fast double, easily smoothed up. Will last a long time, if you keep the butt stock tight on the receiver.

good luck, GJ

ive always shot "bottom of the line tools" till i upgraded to my rueger vaqueros - whole different topic but it leads me to i still shoot bottom of the line shotguns' save my original 1911 vintage win pump , i see nothing wrong with these unless the experience is established that thyey break down regularly , i have not had that with my stoegar coach of my vintage stevens hammered double ...........or the winchester for that matter , my shotguns have always run good - i dont always run them good 

I have a Stoeger that has served without fail for over ten years. If this SKB isn’t a significant upgrade, I can always pass it on.

1 hour ago, Straight Arrow Hombre said:

The SKB 100 is the best double for our game. Significant upgrade over a stoeger in durability and handling. The fact that the 100 was the base model makes zero difference for cowboy. The “upgrades” in the 200 and 280 don’t make a bit of difference in our game. 

Well said. Only real difference between 100 & 200 I have seen is how well does the different model fit the shooter. 
Love my 200’s as the beaver tail forend fits me better than the splinter. I have seen both types of forend on both 100’s and 200’s but don’t know if that is a factory thing or a modified by user thing. Color me SKB through and through in any case. All of mine were set up by Johnny Meadows. Thanks JM!!!
YMMV

Regards

Gateway Kid

I found a SKB 150 about a year ago for that price. It's now my main match gun after Fast Eddie worked it over. A 150 is a 100 with a factory Beavertail forend.

I have always been happy with my Baikals, so I am trying NOT to let anybody talk me into trying out their SKB. :)

Actually, I don't think it would do much for me at the moment as I am more limited by technique (and practice).  I am only just now trying to load the shotgun with it on my shoulder and can immediately see the benefit.  Not sure why it took me so long.  

Archived