SASS Wire Forum

SPARES FOR 32/20 1873

1.  Yes and no.

2.  VTI, Taylor, Cimarron.

Hate to break it to you but there are no .32-20 specific Uberti parts.  Unfortunately they just tried to use "modified" .357 parts.  The old listings use to say the .357 bolts could be used if "modified."  I notice they no longer say that.  Some work out of the box others require a little "modifying" to work properly.  Shown below .357 and .32-20.  The difference is obvious.  Uberti mag tubes are too big, the carriers are too big and the .357 bolt head is too big.

DSC_0003.thumb.jpeg.b69a833ceb21aeaf757fe5cfc5562722.jpeg

And if you can get an aluminum liner, it should work better than the carbon fiber liner.  I have the carbon fiber liner in my 32-20 and it definitely does help in loading the tube.  

My suggestion is to have a spare extractor.  Uberti thins the bottom of the extractor so it sits lower in the bolt slot to fit the .32 rim better, but that weakens the extractor somewhat.  Mine is at a gunsmith getting a new extractor after only 3K rounds since new.  I can't' think of much any reason you would need to replace the bolt.  If you have a gun made in the last number of years it will have a replaceable cartridge guide tab on the bottom of the bolt.

17 hours ago, Texas Red said:

Devil Dog,

Are you having specific problems with your 32 WCF Uberti rifle?   Something that really helped mine was installation of magazine liner.  Straightens round in mag tube loads straighter to lifter.

Regards

TR

+1

Archived