SASS Wire Forum

True sign of Spring!

True sign of Spring? Got my electric bill today. $58.

It ain't hot enough to require electric cooling. And it ain't cold enough to require electric heating.

That's Spring.

Started cutting roses off a week ago.

Also, in the evenings I toss vegetable scraps out in the front drive. (dirt drive)

Always do this because the wild rabbits come at sun down.

The kangaroo rats later in the dark.

And the ravens cleanup at sunrise.

The number of rabbits showing up is increasing with a bunch of very small bunnies.

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger #3720LR said:

Started cutting roses off a week ago.

Also, in the evenings I toss vegetable scraps out in the front drive. (dirt drive)

Always do this because the wild rabbits come at sun down.

The kangaroo rats later in the dark.

And the ravens cleanup at sunrise.

The number of rabbits showing up is increasing with a bunch of very small bunnies.

If I did that, the bears would be here in a heartbeat!

22 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Mushrooms! 

5aea5d6276a6a_mushroomsApril2018.jpg.1ca96637e12c20ef8db225c3705d3713.jpg

We've found about a dozen.  Just starting. 

you finding those now ? we wont be there for a month yet - maybe more if things continue as recently have , we had snow yesterday 

Take off the Snow Tires and put the summer tires on the vans.

Oh, and the geese start swarming and crapping all over the place, before they head further North as the ponds melt.

On 4/23/2022 at 3:11 PM, Matthew Duncan said:

I mowed the front lawn.

Funny thing, but I mowed the lawn and did a bunch of weed-whacking yesterday, and was thinking to myself that there's at least one thing about winter that really ain't that bad:

No mowing or weed-whacking. <_<

we been below freezing again , but i do have hastas trying to peek through , everything else is still dormant ......oh except that pesky chipmunk that has been taunting the dog thru the sliding door - may have to shoot him to reduce the racket 

The Politicians are coming around with their Hands Out looking for more Money to Do NOTHING !!!

I just wish they would Do the right Thing For once ,,,, Or at least stop Breaking the Law ...

Jabez Cowboy 

17 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

........ is the dog really so noisy that you have too shoot him ??  :o

no - i love him , i just cant get him to stop sometimes and he has a habbit of reacting to the house noises after dark , actually i would not have it any other way , he does alert to visitors and robins and squirrels and a stray leaf passing the window ...........lots of noise but at under 10lbs not much to work with on entry so ill rely on the carry or the shotgun if that happens , 

Archived