SASS Wire Forum

A Nice Surprise Today—Pictures Added

Yul Lose

When I was at EOT I gave Lassiter a Lightning rifle to have him do the slam fire mod. He told me that he’d have it at Bordertown in October for me to pick up. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when the UPS guy knocked on the door with a package that needed a signature. I knew what it was as soon as I read the shipping label. I’ve been talking with the UPS guy quite a bit over the last few months about CAS and he comes out to the shop quite often to see the gun carts that I’m building. Well after I told him what it was I asked him if he’d like to see the rifle and he did so I unboxed it and gave him a demo of the rifle and the slam fire feature, he was impressed. It was a great afternoon.

Double Diamond built the stock cover. The silver frame and engraving are all factory Pedersoli. After today I’m pretty sure this is my main match rifle, it is very smooth and fast.

F1B1F928-BAB4-43C5-BE92-155704E23F11.jpeg

86E7DB84-9E43-40FB-84F2-350C690D25B2.jpeg

D3E7CDAE-97A1-4BC7-9A4C-FBC552073160.jpeg

8BF97FE7-014D-4A97-8B66-CA00A886E5DC.jpeg

6 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

When I was at EOT I gave Lassiter a Lightning rifle to have him do the slam fire mod. He told me that he’d have it at Bordertown in October for me to pick up. Imagine my surprise this afternoon when the UPS guy knocked on the door with a package that needed a signature. I knew what it was as soon as I read the shipping label. I’ve been talking with the UPS guy quite a bit over the last few months about CAS and he comes out to the shop quite often to see the gun carts that I’m building. Well after I told him what it was I asked him if he’d like to see the rifle and he did so I unboxed it and gave him a demo of the rifle and the slam fire feature, he was impressed. It was a great afternoon.

Sounds like a ripe candidate for SASS recruitment...

LL

Everything I’ve seen Lassiter do has been top notch, now you’ll have to give us a range report.  He did a drop 2 mod on an ‘87 and an ‘01 for me and they run like a Swiss watch, too bad I run like Swiss Cheese :unsure:.  I’m surprised the UPS guy had the time to stick around!

Congratulations Yul. Lassiter did my 357 Pedersoli and converted it to slam fire and handle 38 special. Took me a while to experiment with ammo till I found out what it likes. Now it runs flawlessly. 

Super!!! Good for you Yule! Lassister indeed does great work. 2 pair of Rugers for me and an '87. Good shootin'!

2 hours ago, Texas Red said:

What caliber Yul??

TR

44-40 and it performed flawlessly for 6 stages today and the slam fire mod really makes It sing.

• Yul Lose changed the title to A Nice Surprise Today—Pictures Added
15 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Sounds like a ripe candidate for SASS recruitment...

LL

I’m trying.

1 minute ago, Moonshine 20515 said:

That's a mighty fine looking rifle Yul.. 

Fine looking  and fast shooting.

Archived