SASS Wire Forum

A lucky day!

Captained a foursome at a charity fund-raiser sporting clays shoot today.  Great weather, shot ok, had a lot of fun.  The event raised $68K.  And then I won the raffle grand prize, a Savage Stevens 555 E 20 gauge O/U shotgun!  First time I've ever won anything of any kind at any charity shoot.  A great day for a great cause and I came home with more guns than I went out with -- always a great thing!

11 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

SALOON rule, without pictures...it didn't happen.;)

I can hear his response...:P

Snip-it_1650719699282.jpg.d16465d5d8efb4f001a417675e36a4a5.jpg

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

That’s great! Congratulations. :D

@Cypress Sunis correct. We need pictures, Man! :)

You'd think that with a name like Nostrum Damas, he would have known that pictures were needed.;)

I've yet to draw the winning ticket for a gun, but my daughter won TWO at different Cowboy Action shoots by the time she was 23 - a 3 1/2" Model P Jr .38, and a Henry Evil Roy .22 lever action.

I have never won a gun. I have bought dozens of tickets. Gone to Friends of the NRA events. Bought tickets at matches. I have never one even a messily box of .22 ammo. 

Someday….:D

I've won 2 through a gun club I'm a member of. Both times they were EOY Christmas party door prizes.

First one was an DPMS AR-15. Second was a Ruger 10-22. I also scored a Ruger MK-IV at the same party I won the 10-22. Guy that won it was wanting a SIg so I bought it from him for $10.00 over dealer cost. I know the cost because I was the club office that handled obtaining the firearm door prizes through the local gun shop. 

We also give away a bunch of gift cards ranging from $25 up to $100. I've managed to win one almost every year.  

EOY door prizes are awarded via a raffle system where the more active in club activities, gun rights organizations and other firearm related activities; you are the more tickets you earn. You have to be present to win and every member earns at least one ticket just for showing up. If you check all the boxes you can earn a maximum of 50 tickets.

I've won two guns, gave both away. One was a Bisley Vaquero I donated to a fundraiser for a SASS pard needing a heart transplant. Other was at an NRA function, WWII commemorative Colt Govt. Model. Gave it to one of my sons.

JHC

The first time I went to a National Turkey Federation banquet, I won 3 shotguns. A Mossberg 735, A Charles Daly 12ga. Turkey, and then they were one participant short for the "sponsor" drawing. So, for another $75 I signed up, which included 1 raffle ticket for an Rem. 870 with the logo on the receiver and a real nice leather carry on bag which I've used when traveling for years. Danged if I didn't win the 870 too. Still have 2 of the guns, the Mossberg got stolen.:angry:

Archived