SASS Wire Forum

Mike Tyson

Buckshot Bear

The guy was able to walk off the plane with both ears intact. After reportedly "poking the bear" multiple times, I'd say he got lucky.

I don't think that Tyson has been charged with anything.

The report I read said the guy was drunk and had been causing problems in a bar at the airport too. Started in on Tyson from the seat behind and got popped!

Not yet.  The person who was harassing him is a convicted felon (mainly drug related offenses) who doesn't want to press charges and hasn't said very much to the police.

Apparently about month some guy pointed a gun at Tyson.  Tyson deescalated things without violence and ended up hugging the guy who pointed the gun at him.

Tough one.

On the one hand I think that loudmouthism shouldn't be without consequence.

On the other hand, should I be allowed to pummel anyone who heckles me?

And Tyson,. A highly trained fighter who could quite easily kill an untrained person with a couple of punches. And a public figure who has been at the center of some pretty nasty controversy.  I have trouble with his seeming lack of self-discipline.

Lord I hope this doesn't turn into another Smith/Rock 24/7 media feeding frenzy!

Both were in the wrong. Do I feel bad for the punchee? Nope. Should Tyson have ignored him? Yup. Do I condemn him for punching the drunk? Nope.

1 hour ago, Clay Mosby said:

Lord I hope this doesn't turn into another Smith/Rock 24/7 media feeding frenzy!

Both were in the wrong. Do I feel bad for the punchee? Nope. Should Tyson have ignored him? Yup. Do I condemn him for punching the drunk? Nope.

The media will do anything to distract from the news they should be reporting on 

10 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

And Tyson,. A highly trained fighter who could quite easily kill an untrained person with a couple of punches. .

Yes, Tyson COULD have killed him with a couple of punches.  He used just enough force to solve the problem..

This doesn't mean he did the correct thing, but we have a theory while he had a situation,

1 hour ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Yes, Tyson COULD have killed him with a couple of punches.  He used just enough force to solve the problem..

This doesn't mean he did the correct thing, but we have a theory while he had a situation,

As I said, tough one.  He lashed out in anger.  Anger clouds judgement.  

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

From the video I saw , and witness account’s I read the guy got what he deserved . I wish more rude people were treated that way, the world would be a better place 

Emotionally I agree.  Emotionally.   Unfortunately emotion-based decisions are usually bad ones. 

"You dissin' me, man?   Don't you go dissin' me!". 

"I ain't dissin' you!"

"You dissin'me again!". BANG BANG BANG!!!

4 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Emotionally I agree.  Emotionally.   Unfortunately emotion-based decisions are usually bad ones. 

Without emotion based decisions, the Human race would have never began. 

Just for a little levity here.:)

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

"You dissin' me, man?   Don't you go dissin' me!". 

"I ain't dissin' you!"

"You dissin'me again!". BANG BANG BANG!!!

How do you know he was emotional? It’s how he solved the problem. Just because there’s violence involved doesn’t necessarily mean it’s emotional. If anyone can control there emotions in a situation I would say it’s a professional fighter . If you’re a carpenter you’re solution is usually to use a hammer . He solved the problems with the strongest tools in his skill set . 
If this guy had even half a brain he knew what was coming. And if not life’s allot harder for stupid people. 

WE watch Gus in Lonesome Dove and adore his reaction to the rude bartender.    Some folks think its an appropriate reaction to an

inappropriate action created by the bar tender.   Kudus to GUS, our hero.

Mike Tyson does the same thing and gets judged totally opposite from GUS.

Not from me.   Rude behavior has gotten out of hand.

Will Smith smacked Chris Rock because he felt like Chris had joked about his wife's medical condition..... made fun of her.

I would have smacked him also.

Mike Tyson get harassed, taunted, aggravated, pestered, etc....... and if the guy can't shut his mouth, Mike shuts it for him..

I got no problem with that.

..........Widder

7 hours ago, Joe LaFives #5481 said:

The correct response in this day and age is to ring the attendant.  This isn't rocket science.

We have a drunk trying to start a fight.

"Call the stewardess. She'll stop it."

Really?

If the plane was not moving yet, then yeah, call the stewardess. She'll get the captain, and they'll kick the drunk off the plane.

But if they're in the air, I don't see what she can do.

There were alternatives, and we could debate how much obligation Tyson had to use them.   But as said earlier, he had a situation to deal with and  had every right to defend himself from a verbal attack turned physical.  When the guy threw a water bottle at him, the alternatives melted away.  Just as they would for me.  Tyson's response was within the realm of his legal rights.  

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

We have a drunk trying to start a fight.

"Call the stewardess. She'll stop it."

Really?

If the plane was not moving yet, then yeah, call the stewardess. She'll get the captain, and they'll kick the drunk off the plane.

But if they're in the air, I don't see what she can do.

He or she will ask him to stop. If he doesn't, he has violated Federal Law (failure to obey the instructions of flight personnel).   She can then ask Mike or others to subdue him legally and he'd get cuffed with wire ties and they Divert the Flight, He is arrested on the spot. 

10 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

WE watch Gus in Lonesome Dove and adore his reaction to the rude bartender.    Some folks think its an appropriate reaction to an

inappropriate action created by the bar tender.   Kudus to GUS, our hero.

Mike Tyson does the same thing and gets judged totally opposite from GUS.

Not from me.   Rude behavior has gotten out of hand.

Will Smith smacked Chris Rock because he felt like Chris had joked about his wife's medical condition..... made fun of her.

I would have smacked him also.

Mike Tyson get harassed, taunted, aggravated, pestered, etc....... and if the guy can't shut his mouth, Mike shuts it for him..

I got no problem with that.

..........Widder

100% with ya' Widder......

Archived