SASS Wire Forum

DISCONTINUED;Stuff for Free & Then Paying it Forward

Capt'n Rudy

(Note: this is for SASS members only since a guest can not post.)

Restarting a thread with a cut-n-paste from Too Tall Bob, circa 2018:

Now, as I remember this, if you have something CAS or shooting related gathering cobwebs or otherwise needing a new home and you are not worried about compensation except perhaps for postage you can post on this thread.  If you see something you want, post accordingly but you are obligated to post something yourself. I see this as a great way for new folks especially to find some of those odd or small items they want. Remember - you take advantage of an item - you should post something yourself .  Hence, pay it forward. 

Capt’n Rudy offers a Bianchi RH Ankle Holster for a small frame snub-nose revolver.  No model listed. Shown with a 32SWL 2” barrel, which is of course not included.  I have never used the holster, other than trying it on, and don’t even remember where it came from. I prefer to carry a CZ Rami 9mm inside the belt. Feel free to ask a question via PM. $10 shipping.

Capt’n Rudy also offers 30-30 brass to fill a USPS small flat rate box, for $10 shipping.

4BE8D710-CC77-4878-AD81-30FDA7FF7B6E.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Capt'n Rudy said:

apt’n Rudy offers a Bianchi RH Ankle Holster for a small frame snub-nose revolver.  No model listed. Shown with a 32SWL 2” barrel, which is of course not included.  I have never used the holster, other than trying it on, and don’t even remember where it came from. I prefer to carry a CZ Rami 9mm inside the belt. Feel free to ask a question via PM. $10 shipping.

I can use that!

1 hour ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

Why don't you use the "Stuff for Free" thread that's pinned to the top of the Classified Forum?

I don’t know why, perhaps because I’m on Hughes net and live out in the country. Sometimes when I check the original thread it makes me jump three pages at a time to get to page 51 or whatever. Slow. So when a thread is restarted it saves me 20 minutes. Although I’ve never gotten anything I have given there so it’s a good thing

Is there a way for “the powers that be” to change the indexing on the “Stuff for Free” ?  If it came up last post first it would be easier to find the recent posts. 

Just thinking. ……  Probably not a good thing. I get into trouble that way. 

Sam Sackett 

I quit looking at the Stuff For Free thread a long time ago because wading through to the end where I could post something got old. I don’t know if the moderators or computer folks could do anything about getting rid of all of the past stuff or not but it might resurrect the thread if they did.

When I go to that topic it automatically takes me to where I last read it. Since I check it everytime there is a new post, I'm always at the end. YMMV

6 hours ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I don’t know why, perhaps because I’m on Hughes net and live out in the country. Sometimes when I check the original thread it makes me jump three pages at a time to get to page 51 or whatever. Slow. So when a thread is restarted it saves me 20 minutes. Although I’ve never gotten anything I have given there so it’s a good thing

There's 13 pages.  Just click on the 13 next to the thread name and you're at the end. 

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

I quit looking at the Stuff For Free thread a long time ago because wading through to the end where I could post something got old. I don’t know if the moderators or computer folks could do anything about getting rid of all of the past stuff or not but it might resurrect the thread if they did.

All you do is click on the last page number (13) and you're at the end.  No wading, no problems.

13.png

8 hours ago, Eliphalet R. Moderator said:

All you do is click on the last page number (13) and you're at the end.  No wading, no problems.

13.png

It's even easier than that. Off to the side of the post title is the last persons name to post with a time stamp under it. simply click on the time stamp and it will take you to the very last post.

• Capt'n Rudy changed the title to DISCONTINUED;Stuff for Free & Then Paying it Forward

Archived