SASS Wire Forum

For Sale: Ponsnes-Warren Platinum 2000 w/case feeder, spares and accessories SOLD!

Purchased around 2015.  Current replacement cost for equivalent setup value $1600 plus taxes and shipping (press itself is 52 lbs.), and PW is backordered about a year, and the case feeder is out of stock from Precision Reloading.    Have 6 shot bushings, 4 powder bushings, 3 extra wad guides, extra screws and springs.  Presently set up for Winchester AA hulls, 13/16 oz shot (I use reclaimed lead from local skeet range), and 12.5 gr Clays.  Zip ties around powder reservoir are for holding an aquarium pump motor (vibrator), which is not included.

Original idea was to fill shotshell needs of wife and myself (2 monthly and 5  'big' shoots yearly).  She is not shooting now, and I attend MAYBE 2 big shoots yearly.  I now have cases and boxes of 12 ga ammunition to last the rest of my shooting days.  For good measure, as I set this up for photos, I couldn't resist loading a fraction of the hulls I have.  5 days and 75 lbs of shot later,  I decided enough was enough.....  it needs to go to someone with the need for volume production. 

$1200 and could deliver to California State match at Cajon Cowboys.  Freight would be a real killer due to weight of press and bulk of case feeder. 

PM for more info if needed via phone.

20220402_133559.thumb.jpg.30d9b5a0f6baa071e0475cae8b85c0c5.jpg20220402_133721.thumb.jpg.8988a8ddc7ceff8e90caf10a31e50bf0.jpg20220402_133653.thumb.jpg.81c94af7e964026c35d11f28da092cef.jpg20220402_133611.thumb.jpg.5c99084d8ed5fd43f2430991366e4c30.jpg

20220402_133625.jpg

20220402_133645.jpg

:ph34r:  Information:  For those who have inquired about shipping, it is certainly possible.  I'm experienced at packaging all kinds of things having shipped merchandise through my store for a number of years.  Reality is that UPS and others now charge a "fuel surcharge", adding to their rates.  Weight and bulk are what count.  The press is 52 lbs, and 8" x 15" x 21".  The case feeder assembly and spares are 15 lbs and 14" x 15" x 32".

It would still be a bargain in todays market.

Pack it in an ice chest. Tape it shut. Ship it Greyhound! I’ve shipped heavy stuff on the dog. It takes longer, but was cheaper. (It’s been a few years, but I imagine they still take shipments)

:ph34r:  The assemblies can be packaged with care, but the ice chest idea doesn't work in this case.  The case feeder assembly is 32' long and it would require one of those 100 quart deep sea fisherman's chest at over $100.  And we are so isolated out here we have no Greyhound service.

Good suggestions though for viable situations.

Thanks for the input.

• Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 changed the title to For Sale: Ponsnes-Warren Platinum 2000 w/case feeder, spares and accessories SOLD!
  • 3 weeks later...

This thing is a hoot! Its strange to get a shot shell reloaded with every pull of the handle…and the hull feeder is sooo quiet! She’s definitely another “lifetime” machine!  

:ph34r:  Glad you're up & runnin'.   When I had it all adjusted correctly, clean and lubed, it was like an exercise machine.....left hand wad; right hand pull.  Only had to pause to clear finished rounds away and then stop and rest while I boxed 'em up, get a drink, and go again.

By all means, call if you have any questions.

A pleasant transaction all around. 

It gave me the opportunity to know El Catorce and Palo Alto Kid.  :)

20 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  Glad you're up & runnin'.   When I had it all adjusted correctly, clean and lubed, it was like an exercise machine.....left hand wad; right hand pull.  Only had to pause to clear finished rounds away and then stop and rest while I boxed 'em up, get a drink, and go again.

By all means, call if you have any questions.

A pleasant transaction all around. 

It gave me the opportunity to know El Catorce and Palo Alto Kid.  :)

Well, meeting Palo Alto Kid is good, not so sure about Catorce :)

Archived