SASS Wire Forum

This is a good one!

Utah Bob #35998

For you bourbon drinkers who can’t stand Scotch, try thisn if you get the chance. :wub:

I have not tried the 18. I’m betting it’s fine.

You must be at a good bar.

It's a nice pub.  We really like the folks that work there, and the food is quite good.  Not to mention that I'm trying to get them to book my band (I've spent way more there than we'd make, but that's ok). 

Dalmore 15 is my second all-time favorite whisky.

Personally, I like it better than the Dalmore 18.

Bob, if you like Dalmore, then give this a try. It's my #1 whisky brand:

ba30fff60a6e81df16106c3d0ef3fd5f_large.p

I cannot understand why y'all can get all these good beverages and I can't get my hands on one bottle of Glayva.  Been trying for almost ten years.  

It's sold in Canada but not in the States.  I beginning to think there's some prejudice involved....or a personal attack by the U. S. Government to tick me off.

On 4/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I cannot understand why y'all can get all these good beverages and I can't get my hands on one bottle of Glayva.  Been trying for almost ten years.  

It's sold in Canada but not in the States.  I beginning to think there's some prejudice involved....or a personal attack by the U. S. Government to tick me off.

Had the same problem with Tyrconnell single malt Irish. Had some at EOT long ago, I think a SASS pard brought it who since rode over the ridge. Anyway, no one in or around Bugtussle here has even heard of it, can't order it. One or Texas' screwy laws (yes, we have them too) is distilled spirits can't be shipped. I can order a boxcar full of wine, but no Irish.

JHC

5099357000691-1.png

On 4/21/2022 at 7:56 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

For you bourbon drinkers who can’t stand Scotch, try thisn if you get the chance. :wub:

Scotch is so varied it's really hard to say. Many moons ago, many of the Wire scotch drinkers sang the praises of Laphroaig. The wife and I both were into Scotch back then, we went to see here dad one weekend and decided to take some "good stuff". We both took a snort and liked to puked. Tasted like Listerine laced with turpentine and peat moss. I gave it away at EOT. NASTY!

JHC

scotch is an acquired taste and varies greatly - way more than bourbon does in my experience , im no coinsure by any means but i know what i like and wont drink what i dont no matter who touts it , your description  leads me never to buy that one 

1 hour ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Had some at EOT long ago, I think a SASS pard brought it who since rode over the ridge.

That would be Gunny Sackett.

1 hour ago, watab kid said:

scotch is an acquired taste and varies greatly - way more than bourbon does in my experience , im no coinsure by any means but i know what i like and wont drink what i dont no matter who touts it , your description  leads me never to buy that one 

I didn’t actually describe it. 

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I thought he was talking to Captain Callahan about The Frog, wishWHICH I understand is a very different scotch, and definitely an acquired taste.

20 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

correct you didnt - you sugested we bourbon drinkers try it - i will , BUT , was responding to callahan 

23 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Scotch is so varied it's really hard to say. Many moons ago, many of the Wire scotch drinkers sang the praises of Laphroaig. The wife and I both were into Scotch back then, we went to see here dad one weekend and decided to take some "good stuff". We both took a snort and liked to puked. Tasted like Listerine laced with turpentine and peat moss. I gave it away at EOT. NASTY!

JHC

Laphroaig? Wow! It’s a peaty dram. VERY PEATY! I have to be in a real foul mood to sip that. Try anything from the Speyside region. Those are most like bourbon in my mind. Smooth.

Archived