SASS Wire Forum

Hard to read grey font

Dusty Devil Dale

Anybody else's eyes having trouble reading the grey colored font used on the SASS Wire and Saloon?  My tired old eyes wish for a bit more contrast.  

1 minute ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Anybody else's eyes having trouble reading the grey colored font used on the SASS Wire and Saloon?  My tired old eyes wish for a bit more contrast.  

Misty's saving on ink.

tenor.gif

On my screen the font is black.  Does it have something to do with the browser or device?

I read this on a PC, and the browser allows me to make the text larger or smaller.  Can you enlarge the text?  May that might help?

1 hour ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

DDD:

The font and darkness you see on this response (here) is the "DEFAULT" font. It is in BLACK but can appear GREY because of its lightness to viewers.

The options of font selection, such as style, color and size are limited when using a phone. :(

Also, many who respond and post to the WIRE and SALOON use the "DEFAULT" font for simplicity.

For those that, for various reasons, decide to use a different style, it can improve the reading ability for those with poorer eyesight. :)

This response is being typed on a computer which gives me the ability to choose a different (STYLE - STYLE - STYLE), a bolder (COLOR - COLOR - COLOR), a different (SIZE - SIZE - SIZE), and even make the text (BOLDER).

Using a computer will allow one to change the appearance to a greater degree as you can see here, which make reading much easier.

In certain situations, I use a special "Cowboy" font called "RYE" to fit the SALOON theme; however, as this is not a programmed font on this program, I have to first type it in WORD, then copy and paste into a Post. A lot more work, but you readers are worth the extra effort. Below is an example:

image.png.af10df92c77d5b4a5f520e11b43286a4.png

Hope this helps. ;)

It seems okay on my phone , tablet, and desktop 

3 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I will guess that it doesn’t happen on tablets because I don’t see the problem.

I have no problem with it either, but I can't help but wonder whether the Marshal was making a funny.

The font I see on my iPhone appears dark gray. 

Quite honestly the default colors and fonts of this Wire annoy me. Too white, too much light blue and gray. The whole layout screams modern consultant picked colors for sales applications. 

How about some earth tones or other colors, for crying out loud!

41 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

font I see on my iPhone appears dark gray. 

I see it as light black.  :D

Whoever decided that skinny sanserif fonts in low contrast should be the default for websites should be staked out on a bed of hot vacuum tubes.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Whoever decided that skinny sanserif fonts in low contrast should be the default for websites should be staked out on a bed of hot vacuum tubes.

I truly think this format is the bargain offering by the system SASS uses for the Wire. 
No frills!

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

.......... I'm beginning to really appreciate your "evilness" ..........  :wub:

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I truly think this format is the bargain offering by the system SASS uses for the Wire. 
No frills!

Not just here. I see far too many sites that use a gray font.  Or, eve worse, instruction pamphlets using 4 point Ariel in an extremely light gray.

10 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

DDD:

The font and darkness you see on this response (here) is the "DEFAULT" font. It is in BLACK but can appear GREY because of its lightness to viewers.

The options of font selection, such as style, color and size are limited when using a phone. :(

Also, many who respond and post to the WIRE and SALOON use the "DEFAULT" font for simplicity.

For those that, for various reasons, decide to use a different style, it can improve the reading ability for those with poorer eyesight. :)

This response is being typed on a computer which gives me the ability to choose a different (STYLE - STYLE - STYLE), a bolder (COLOR - COLOR - COLOR), a different (SIZE - SIZE - SIZE), and even make the text (BOLDER).

Using a computer will allow one to change the appearance to a greater degree as you can see here, which make reading much easier.

In certain situations, I use a special "Cowboy" font called "RYE" to fit the SALOON theme; however, as this is not a programmed font on this program, I have to first type it in WORD, then copy and paste into a Post. A lot more work, but you readers are worth the extra effort. Below is an example:

image.png.af10df92c77d5b4a5f520e11b43286a4.png

Hope this helps. ;)

That is very helpful.  I am in fact reading it on an Andriod phone.  It quickly gives me eyestrain. 

But where I am located about half the time, I have no Internet access except the phone.   So it my own problem. 

I've searched for my own posted topics putting in exactly what I titled it and it doesn't find it! Or picks one word and gives us 300 irrelevant suggestions.:wacko:

Archived