SASS Wire Forum

Uncool in Baseball

I’ve seen a lot of baseball bench-clearing fights but never anything like that! Was the guy insulting his mom as he rounded the bases?

I’m guessing the kid must be a two sport athlete. And it’s obvious what the other sport is. After that he might be a zero sport athlete! Unbelievable!

TAKE DOWN! BAM!!!

Linebackers need to study that Butkus- like move. 

Here’s some defense that didn’t involve tackling. :wub:

https://fb.watch/cx11PyhZiN/

4 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I wonder if those two have a history of bad blood?  Or if the runner was taunting him?

Either way, there is no excuse for a hit like that in baseball.

That’s what I was thinking, trash talking might have caused this.

36 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That’s what I was thinking, trash talking might have caused this.

No. Lack of self control caused it.

1 minute ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Agreed. no flipping the bat, no expression to his teammates in dugout, no arm waving. Watch the infield ump. He looks for the baserunner to tag 2nd, then the hitter to tag 2nd, and turns toward 3rd. No indication of the hitter saying anything. Just an angry, spoiled brat on the mound with no self control. Cut him. 

Its possible the pitcher had a $50,000 bet that NO ONE would hit a home run against him that day.

OOPS!

Actually, I have no clue as to why the pitcher acted that way, but stranger things have happened.

..........Widder

39 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Its possible the pitcher had a $50,000 bet that NO ONE would hit a home run against him that day.

OOPS!

Actually, I have no clue as to why the pitcher acted that way, but stranger things have happened.

..........Widder

I doubt a college kid would place a bet for 50 grand. ;)

12 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

No doubt. I hope the runner was OK, that was nasty. Don't mean to be sympathetic to the pitcher, he deserves whatever he gets. You gotta wonder though if he has some screws loose.  Think I'll say some prayers for him.

JHC

13 hours ago, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

That boy has anger issues, and self control issues, and probably other issues.  I hope he gets some help before he ends up killing somebody.

What he said.

JHC

23 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Interesting. So apparently the batter said something that triggered the pitcher. No excuse though. He still needs to be kicked out of collegiate sports in my opinion.

I know it’s the rules but I would have a hard time suspending anybody who came out of the dugout after that.

4 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

I didn't know, or realize, there was a penalty for taunting.

I figure a Pitcher can taunt anytime they want when they throw a high, inside fast ball.  

..........Widder

https://baseballrulesacademy.com/official-rule/nfhs/rule-3-section-3-bench-and-field-conduct/

19 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

..... is there a follow-up on this .......... "person" ???  :huh:

Pitcher has been booted from the team and is facing additional disciplinary action from the college.

https://www.gainesvilleregister.com/sports/update-weatherford-pitcher-leaves-team-after-nctc-brawl/article_6d858952-c0fa-11ec-971f-b3feb1bdc6aa.html

No taunting???!!!? Even sports are getting be candyarses. Grow a set for gawd sakes. Oh that's right, some have had their set added or removed. Glad I'm on my older end.:wacko:

Archived