SASS Wire Forum

I am soooooo bad...

Singin' Sue 71615

One of the most mournful sounds you'll ever hear is at the range, from inside a portapotty .......

..... a splat sound followed by a ghastly " OH NO!!! " ......  (or something very similar ...) ....  :(

had a friend that once 'had to take a look in a pit toilet' her large sunglasses fell into oblivion , then a number of years later i saw where those pit toilets were scheduled to be replaced - always wondered if they found those glasses ....notthat she woiuld want them back tho , 

Longmire short story. Walt, Bear and Vic are in a wildlife area - State park, National Park, I don't remember - and they stop at an outhouse. There is an owl inside the toilet. Walt and Bear lower Vic into the toilet to rescue the owl.

The story is called Messenger.

As I read this story I thought “I am surprised this isn’t a story out of California”.

Then I got to the last line of the story:

The woman thanked the first responders and continued on her journey back to California. 

It figures…:blink::lol:

Years ago, 1999, I believe, a lady dropped her Colt SAA into the porta-potty at a match. I had never seen an entire posse gather around a porta-potty so fast. I was new at this club. I offered the magnet I kept in my cross bed toolbox and a piece of rope as a solution (they sold them cheap at Harbor Freight). But the guys I call “Loading Table Heroes”, you know the ones…a gun jams, they swoop in with tools and try to take over repairs as they mar the screws on your rifle with the nifty buckhorn handle fitted to a 99 cent store screwdriver bit… :blink:
Anyway, these heroes came up with a plan that included one guy getting a blue hand in the ordeal. 
Funny thing is, none of these “Loading Table Heroes” offered to clean up her gun for her. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot. 
Back in the late 00’s mode wife’s cell phone fell from her pocket in the restroom stall at Walmart and the auto-flush swooped her phone away licketty-split! Boy was she perturbed, surprised and amused all at the same time. :lol:
After that it was off to Verizon for a new phone, after we reported the future sewer line clog to the management. ;)

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

One of the most mournful sounds you'll ever hear is at the range, from inside a portapotty .......

..... a splat sound followed by a ghastly " OH NO!!! " ......  (or something very similar ...) ....  :(

Phone, not worried, keys...not so much.

Pistol...you bet!

(Of course NONE of those go with me in the loo)

4 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

As I read this story I thought “I am surprised this isn’t a story out of California”.

Then I got to the last line of the story:

The woman thanked the first responders and continued on her journey back to California. 

It figures…:blink::lol:

Years ago, 1999, I believe, a lady dropped her Colt SAA into the porta-potty at a match. I had never seen an entire posse gather around a porta-potty so fast. I was new at this club. I offered the magnet I kept in my cross bed toolbox and a piece of rope as a solution (they sold them cheap at Harbor Freight). But the guys I call “Loading Table Heroes”, you know the ones…a gun jams, they swoop in with tools and try to take over repairs as they mar the screws on your rifle with the nifty buckhorn handle fitted to a 99 cent store screwdriver bit… :blink:
Anyway, these heroes came up with a plan that included one guy getting a blue hand in the ordeal. 
Funny thing is, none of these “Loading Table Heroes” offered to clean up her gun for her. :rolleyes:

Almost forgot. 
Back in the late 00’s mode wife’s cell phone fell from her pocket in the restroom stall at Walmart and the auto-flush swooped her phone away licketty-split! Boy was she perturbed, surprised and amused all at the same time. :lol:
After that it was off to Verizon for a new phone, after we reported the future sewer line clog to the management. ;)

Many a pager was lost by the invention of 'auto flush'

Archived