SASS Wire Forum

Greyhound Launch

Subdeacon Joe

7 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Question: who are all those extraneous jackasses standing all over the flight deck and running back and forth in front of the plane?

Here is an explanation of the jobs:

https://www.history.navy.mil/content/dam/nhhc/news-and-events/multimedia gallery/Infographics/FINAL_RainbowJerseys_highres_PDF.pdf

https://www.navysite.de/cvn/catcolor.htm

There isn't just one set of people for the entire flight deck.  As I understand it (and likely I have it wrong) each aircraft will have a full set of deck crew assigned to it.  That isn't phrased well, sorry.  

I thought you didn't do Facebook.

I was thinking along the lines of @Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 only:

Starting-box2.jpg.8090e8be18a6d995c01a81d7a2d7bb72.jpg

Disclaimer: Greyhound racing has been banned here in Florida...Thankfully.

That scene was filmed aboard the U.S.S. Carl Vinson. 

The folks on the port side of the aircraft are likely crew, perhaps training, or observing, or waiting their cue to do their jobs.

We have an awesome Navy, and Marine Corps...as well as our Army, Coast Guard, Air Force.  

We need to make sure they are second to none. 

We need to keep them all in our thoughts, and especially our prayers.

My grandson is currently serving aboard the U.S.S. Harry S Truman, stationed within aircraft striking distance of Ukraine.

May God bless our Navy, and all those that serve aboard our naval vessels, both above, and below the waves, and are in harm's way.

18 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Question: who are all those extraneous jackasses standing all over the flight deck and running back and forth in front of the plane?

Forty, my Dear Sir, there are NO extraneous jackasses on a flight deck. Each man there has a specific job. They are aware of their surroundings, their fellow crewmen and the ops tempo. If they are not they will not live long. 

Think of the folks standing around when artillery or mortars are fired. Most military operations, and especially a flight deck, are team sports.

I know you meant no harm.

PF

Archived