SASS Wire Forum

WTB 357/38 Lever action rifle

Pard,

I have a 1873 Winchester copy by Chiappa in excellent condition, .357/38, 20" octagon, barrel straight grip, case colored frame and lever, the rest is blued, w/o any major dingers , rubs or scrapes.  If you're interested I can send you some pics, PM me if you'd like more info.

Thanks, Doc Red Dawg

12 hours ago, Doc Red Dawg, SASS #16761 said:

Pard,

I have a 1873 Winchester copy by Chiappa in excellent condition, .357/38, 20" octagon, barrel straight grip, case colored frame and lever, the rest is blued, w/o any major dingers , rubs or scrapes.  If you're interested I can send you some pics, PM me if you'd like more info.

Thanks, Doc Red Dawg

When did Chiappa make an 1873 rifle? I can't find any information on one.

Thanks

Randy

On 4/20/2022 at 12:56 PM, Westbound Reb said:

Howdy all of y’all!

I am looking for a 357/38 lever action rifle, I don’t care what brand it is as long as it’s Sass approved!!!

Thanks and me and Copper will see y’all down the trail

Be careful with this post, this is almost asking for someone to unload a rifle that’s troublesome on you 

if your a new shooter go to some local matches talk to folks , arguably the best rifle for CAS and most available is a Uberti ‘73 

AO

Good advice Outlaw.  Also be careful who u buy from.  One guy on the wire still has my 795 and my gun.  Happy

Where are you located? 

I am in West Virginia and have two Codi-Matics that have never been fired except for Cody checking for function, both are Uberties.  The 1873 is the short rifle in 357 with the octagon barrel and the SASS Logo on the side plate.  The other is a Uberti short rifle 1866 which only fires 38 specials.

Archived