SASS Wire Forum

ISO: EMF sheriff saa

Just like the title says…I’m in search of a sheriffs model (3” or 3.5” barrel, no ejector) single action.  I’m quite partial to pietta/emf great western IIs, and 357/38 would be my caliber preference.  Let me know if you have something you’d be willing to part with!

- Ricochet 

I have something similar but not what you want.  Only differences are that it is a Cimaron / Uberti not a EMF / Pietta, and it also has an ejecetor.  But it is an older model Uberti so it still has the 4 click action without the safety hammer.  It is the right caliber and right barrel length and I am willing to part with it.  Just wanted you to know that people are reading your post.  Good luck with your hunt and a free ride BTT.

Marliin

Howdy Jose.  AFAIK, the ejectorless models are usually 3", and the 3.5" will have ejectors.  I've never seen a Pietta 3" ejectorless (doesn't mean they haven't made any).  And the only ejectorless Uberti I've seen in a a really long time was a couple of years ago and Dixie Gun Works had it.  It was 3", I think, and was on a Pre-War frame (transverse spring loaded base pin release button).   Good luck.

2 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Howdy Jose.  AFAIK, the ejectorless models are usually 3", and the 3.5" will have ejectors.  I've never seen a Pietta 3" ejectorless (doesn't mean they haven't made any).  And the only ejectorless Uberti I've seen in a a really long time was a couple of years ago and Dixie Gun Works had it.  It was 3", I think, and was on a Pre-War frame (transverse spring loaded base pin release button).   Good luck.

Thanks for the info, I’m sure you’re right about the barrel length.  Post edited!

3 hours ago, Marlin Buckhorn,SASS 51727 said:

I have something similar but not what you want.  Only differences are that it is a Cimaron / Uberti not a EMF / Pietta, and it also has an ejecetor.  But it is an older model Uberti so it still has the 4 click action without the safety hammer.  It is the right caliber and right barrel length and I am willing to part with it.  Just wanted you to know that people are reading your post.  Good luck with your hunt and a free ride BTT.

Marliin

Thanks for the bump, I shot ya a pm.

RJ, I have a Ruger 3 screw custom gun, 3" barrel and no ejector, .357 mag/.38 spec. in VG-Exc. condition.  

Pics available if you're interested.  

Later pard, Doc Red Dawg

I have a 3.5” EMF stainless steel (not nickel plated) factory engraved, ejectorless sheriff model I may be Willing to sell for the right price.  I have no need to sell it but I would entertain an offer (just managing expectations at the outset.  Stainless emf/Pietta aren’t being made now and may never be offered again, so I wouldn’t let it go at a bargain price or even what I paid for it).  So if you’re still interested after all that’s said and done you can message me with your contact info and I can send some pics. 

I have an EMF Great Western Sheriffs model with 3” barrel and no ejector. Made by Pietta. Unfired with box and paperwork. Blue and cch and has the 4 click hammer. I will try to add pics but if not able to drop me an email at Trav3l3r43v3r@yahoo.com. 

12 hours ago, Wand3ring_Lon3r said:

I have an EMF Great Western Sheriffs model with 3” barrel and no ejector. Made by Pietta. Unfired with box and paperwork. Blue and cch and has the 4 click hammer. I will try to add pics but if not able to drop me an email at Trav3l3r43v3r@yahoo.com. 

Sounds like it might just fit the bill.  Email sent.

Archived