SASS Wire Forum

How do you enter a SALOON?

I use to enter every saloon and bar just like I belonged there even if it was my first time. The ones I returned to made me feel like I belonged there when I went the first time. 

Life’s too short to drink in a bar full of arseholes. 

Just now, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I use to enter every saloon and bar just like I belonged there even if it was my first time. The ones I returned to made me feel like I belonged there when I went the first time. 

Life’s too short to drink in a bar full of arseholes. 

Agree, but sometimes just one drink is necessary, and I Will have that drink!

So the batwing doors are only in BAD westerns? Some snooty, limp wristed, Harvard ediicated, commie historian, who is unable to appreciate the artistry of a western cinematic epic, wrote that.

In my opinion. :D

They are not just in bad westerns. Or even in good westerns. They are between my kitchen and my dining room.IMG_20220419_205657724.thumb.jpg.4161f1dbfe57f40e0c8d65883805063e.jpg

Ignore the hurricane damage. It's only been 3 years. At least the roof don't leak no more.

13 minutes ago, Alpo said:

They are not just in bad westerns. Or even in good westerns. They are between my kitchen and my dining room.IMG_20220419_205657724.thumb.jpg.4161f1dbfe57f40e0c8d65883805063e.jpg

Ignore the hurricane damage. It's only been 3 years. At least the roof don't leak no more.

And in virtually every restaurant.

I would call them Bi- swing doors but nowadays some folks would misinterpret.

7 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

And in virtually every restaurant.

I would call them Bi- swing doors but nowadays some folks would misinterpret.

And they swing both ways. Lol

I usually enter through the front door until they get to know me.  Sometimes after that, I have to kinda’ sneak in the back way! :lol:

Many Lustrum ago, when my sister was plagued by a really nasty Mother In Law, we changed the bathroom door for a set of really nice Bat Wing swinging doors.  When in "use" one was covered from the knees up and from the shoulders down.  Could carry on a fine conversation.  Oh yes, after the door change, the MIL never stayed more than 5 minutes.  YaHoo!!

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

Procrastination give you something to do tomorrow.:D I'm an expert at it.

11 hours ago, Alpo said:

I used to have those in a old house I lived in back in the 70's.  I loved them!:D

On 4/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, Alpo said:

Gotta love the Dr Pepper cans--my wife would be right at home

Archived