SASS Wire Forum

Lowered Hammers

Texas Red

To the Fire,

Been couple Threads on this topic Lately, Thought I'd weigh in.  Recently working on Project with getting a pair of Cimarron Model P Jr's online for this season.

I shoot FCD and find it necessary to have Lowered Hammers.  They are not available as a stocked part from Cimarron, VTI or Taylors.

I called "Lassiter",  he includes cut&weld hammers in his wheel-house.  Wanted to give brief outline of his work with some pics.

First off, Lassiter had me include a drawing of what I wanted, which helps him simplify project goals.  His turn around was lightening fast.  I'm not the first nor be the last to compliment his workmanship and expertise.  End result of project was Ruger SBH hammers spurs on Jr's hammers.

Any Questions Please don't Hesitate to ask.  Any Pards looking for this Service Highly recommend contacting "Lassiter"

Regards

Texas Red

Hammer Drawing.jpg

Hammers1.jpg

Hammers2.jpg

Pistol.jpg

Nice.

Chas, 

Those appear to be Heat and bend....Little to skinny for my fat thumb,,,,,,Every body's  mileage may vary....Also add, We're blessed with whole munch of talented craftsman for our collective Hobby,,  Nice Pistols by the Way!!!!

Regards

TR

I had Choctaw Silver Wolf do the hammers for my Model P's, too. Excellent work and turn around time.

When I put lowered hammers on my Vaqueros, I got the SBH hammers and milled the sides down to standard width. I find that my fat thumbs get off the hammer quicker that way.

That's the first time I've seen that done to P-Jr's.  I know that mod is popular with lots of different guns, but what I'm wondering, is there an unlimited supply of SBH donor hammers?

Archived