SASS Wire Forum

WTB: 1866 Miroku 44/40 20"

mdgsolo

Looking for a rifle made between 2006-2018.  According to Winchester's historian I talked to last week, they were never happy with the metal formulation for the brass parts and that combined with a soft market led them to discontinue it in 2018 though some rifles may have trickled in during 2019- though they do hope to make them again when they can catch up with some of their other stocking and supply chain issues. 

Not interested in the Uberti as I am a woodworker by trade and prefer the Walnut :-)  Open to other calibers if that's all I can find.  Just getting started in this whole world and excited to discover SASS!

1 hour ago, thespaniard said:

Why are you looking for specifically Miroku   Uberti models are easier to find :)

Mostly, as I said above, because I much prefer the walnut in a matte finish for look than the Italian wood in the gloss finish.  I am a cabinetmaker by trade, so I'm more drawn to the aforementioned aesthetic.  In addition to that, I have spent a bit of time in Japan so there is also more of a connection for me there.

I'm not even sure what I should be expecting to pay for this gun.  I have seen them sold elsewhere for $1200-$1500 but I don't know if this is an accurate assumption but if someone could kindly advise, I would be much obliged.

Just a thought, the Uberti stocks can be refinished and come out quite nice. The "red" is gone and the gloss. I have 2 and could send pictures if you like. 

I have one I bought in ‘19. I shot it once (only shoot black powder) and got a slight bulge in the barrel about 6” back from the muzzle. Still shoots straight and I didn’t notice till I cleaned it that evening. It’s Absolutely beautiful, I actually enjoy just looking at it. I immediately bought a Uberti 66 in its place. I don’t need 2 66’s in 44WCF. 

17 hours ago, mdgsolo said:

Mostly, as I said above, because I much prefer the walnut in a matte finish for look than the Italian wood in the gloss finish.  I am a cabinetmaker by trade, so I'm more drawn to the aforementioned aesthetic.  In addition to that, I have spent a bit of time in Japan so there is also more of a connection for me there.

I'm not even sure what I should be expecting to pay for this gun.  I have seen them sold elsewhere for $1200-$1500 but I don't know if this is an accurate assumption but if someone could kindly advise, I would be much obliged.

Japan is a great place , I went to Tokyo just for one week for a business trip and met some wonderful people there and drank some good saki :D I am not a big fan of sushi but tempuras and the Japanese noodles are a different story,

Good to connect with some other countries I have a similar attachment with Brazil which is why I bought a Rossi 92 and slicked it up myself and did some spring replacement and it shoots like a champ now There are mixed reviews but my Rossi is great. I am also a sucker for Taurus revolvers :P

Archived