SASS Wire Forum

Inspired by the "TIDE PODS" ?

Okay...Where do you go to the toilet?

This one got me:

Chuck Wallace, emergency management director for Grays Harbor County on the Washington coast, is skeptical of the whole approach.

“What if you get stuck under debris, or something tears it and it leaks?” asked Wallace, a Navy veteran who served on submarines. If a pod gets washed out to sea, it’s unlikely the Coast Guard or anyone else will be on hand to rescue the occupant. “You’re just not going to convince me they’re safe.”

Typical bureaucrat bonehead...What if?... What if?....What if?...No solutions or recommendations.

It looks like they are based on escape pods, from science fiction movies, did sheTHAT THEY use like a lifeboat when youTHE rocket ship is damaged.

But escape pods have a couple of things that these things don't look large enough to have. An escape pod would have an engine, so you could fly away from the damaged ship and possibly fly to a habitable planet. Do these things have an engine, or do they just float around hoping someone will see them?

Also escape pods have a radio so you can call for help. Do these things have a radio, or do they just rely on being red?

It appears to be a one man unit. The tsunami is coming and I can't put my wife and my kids in there with me? I got a family of five, I need to have five of these things? Let's put my two-year-old in one all by himself. That's a great idea, right?

One of these screams SOS on all GPS search bands. They're cheap small and lifeboats have ones activated by water immersion

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/acr-electronics-resqlink-400-buoyant-personal-locator-beacon?hvarAID=shopping_googleproductextensions

So... that's just a scale model of the real thing, right??  Or is that particular one for the family pooch?  :huh:

Or, in reference to the quote "can be stocked with food," is it just an aquatic version of a bear safe?  :mellow:

I didn't used to be claustrophobic... but after looking at that picture I'm pretty sure I am now!!  :o

I wonder if there is ballast to keep it upright? Can you imagine if it didn’t and it rolled and your “40 days” of food went to the top and there you are strapped in a chair in a big orange bobber upside down. 

Hey, you could Tweet about it…until you lose your signal as you bob out to sea…

Open the pod bay door Hal. 
I’m sorry, Dave. I can’t do that.

Please, Hal. I just evacuated in here.!

:lol:

Here’s a view of one in the water. 

image.jpeg.db4331ce235c7faf9891a14bf6847b17.jpeg

Just looking at this creeps me out. No obvious ventilation. You obviously cannot open the hatch / door. No eyes for hookups by a rescuing ship. 

Is this a metaphor for society today?

5 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'd feel like the cherry in a chocolate cordial: kinda crowded and wet, and probably sticky, too.

Yeah, but made with mushrooms. :lol:

I like it. Looks like a Magic Eight Ball. :lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I like it. Looks like a Magic Eight Ball. :lol:

Then this might be a pertinent question...

6. A magic 8-ball has a diameter of 5 inches. is f - Gauthmath

Archived