SASS Wire Forum

An embarrassment for Putin? Or something to sweep under the kovrik (коврик)

How can Russia celebrate Victory Day on May 9*, marching (goose stepping) thousands of combat troops across the carefully replaced and leveled cobblestones of Red Square followed by a ominous display of weaponry while quietly burying an estimated 10,000 to 20,000 combat dead?

well, actually they appear to be leaving the combat dead for Ukraine to bury.

*May 8 for the West, May 9 for the East.

Because Putin is not operating in the same reality as we are?

How much does the average Russian really know about what is happening in the Ukraine

The average Russian may not see everything that is happening but I guarantee that every prior Soviet bloc country and NATO is paying attention.  I'm thinking that Raytheon stock might be a good buy right about now.  Sweden and Finland are probably going to apply for NATO membership in June.  Russian threats don't seem to mean so much any more.  

Too bad we can't get more information about what is going on directly to to the Russian people.

7 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

The average Russian may not see everything that is happening but I guarantee that every prior Soviet bloc country and NATO is paying attention.  I'm thinking that Raytheon stock might be a good buy right about now.  Sweden and Finland are probably going to apply for NATO membership in June.  Russian threats don't seem to mean so much any more.  

Maybe not every former Bloc country. Hungary just re-elected Putin supporter Vikyor Orbam. 

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

There are still Radio Free Europe and Radio Liberty.

I would imaging Russia is trying to jam their frequencies if they are ope; broadcasting. I know they have internet sites. Not sure if the people  can access them.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I would imaging Russia is trying to jam their frequencies if they are ope; broadcasting. I know they have internet sites. Not sure if the people  can access them.

There are many reports about social media being blocked for Russia. Well, I just got a message from my Siberian friend so, HA! They aren’t all blocked!

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

There are many reports about social media being blocked for Russia. Well, I just got a message from my Siberian friend so, HA! They aren’t all blocked!

And I am not naming the social media site here because I know FSB monitors SASS for intel.

Archived