SASS Wire Forum

NEW VAQUERO

charlie two feathers

STOPPED  AT LOCAL GUN SHOP JUST TO LOOK AROUND AND THEY HAD A NEW SS 357 VAQUERO IN THE CASE. PRICE KIND OF SHOCKED ME. WENT HOME AND LOOKED ON SOME WEB SITES. WENT BACK NEXT DAY AND PURCHASED,DIDN'T HAVE A BACK UP FOR MY VAQUEROS, KNOW I DO. FOUND THE SPRINGS I WANT BUT GOING TO KEEP HUNTING FOR SBH HAMMER. THEY ALSO HAD A SS VAQUERO IN 45LC ,4.622 IN BARREL 

Yep, the days of New Vaqueros being impossible to find are just about over. The big dealers seem to be getting them steady. I have yet to get a single one from my wholesalers. 
The days of getting new prices for your used pairs are over, unless you have some low, or out of production variants. 

On 4/18/2022 at 7:55 AM, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Yep, the days of New Vaqueros being impossible to find are just about over. The big dealers seem to be getting them steady. I have yet to get a single one from my wholesalers. 
The days of getting new prices for your used pairs are over, unless you have some low, or out of production variants. 

So the bubble is just about ready to blow!

On 4/17/2022 at 11:01 AM, charlie two feathers said:

STOPPED  AT LOCAL GUN SHOP JUST TO LOOK AROUND AND THEY HAD A NEW SS 357 VAQUERO IN THE CASE. PRICE KIND OF SHOCKED ME. WENT HOME AND LOOKED ON SOME WEB SITES. WENT BACK NEXT DAY AND PURCHASED,DIDN'T HAVE A BACK UP FOR MY VAQUEROS, KNOW I DO. FOUND THE SPRINGS I WANT BUT GOING TO KEEP HUNTING FOR SBH HAMMER. THEY ALSO HAD A SS VAQUERO IN 45LC ,4.622 IN BARREL 

Try Ruger parts. I got three from them a short while ago. $29 plus shipping each. 

Archived