SASS Wire Forum

Progress

Utah Bob #35998

After dinner I washed my new Wranglers. 
Oh , did I not mention their size? 
33!  :D

7 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Not long ago, bought the same size of Wrangler Retro - expensive but attractive and very comfortable.  Unlike my other Wranglers, they run a little big.  If you try them I'd advise a 32. 

I wear Cowboy Cut slim fit.

Just now, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I wear Cowboy Cut slim fit.

As do I - I wear Wranglers 99.9% of the time.  Because of that I have a few other types I reserve for "Dress" occasions I use Slim Cowboy Cut Silver and now the retro for that.  Just saw the Silver on sale the other day.  https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wrangler-cowboy-cut-silver-edition-original-fit-jean-13MSE.html

20 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

As do I - I wear Wranglers 99.9% of the time.  Because of that I have a few other types I reserve for "Dress" occasions I use Slim Cowboy Cut Silver and now the retro for that.  Just saw the Silver on sale the other day.  https://www.wrangler.com/shop/wrangler-cowboy-cut-silver-edition-original-fit-jean-13MSE.html

Those look Saturday night worthy.:)

34 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Not long ago, bought the same size of Wrangler Retro - expensive but attractive and very comfortable.  Unlike my other Wranglers, they run a little big. 

Same for their Advance Comfort Cowboy Cut, although not all that expensive at the local Rural King. I’m a bit bigger guy, with a long rise, so slim fit doesn’t do the trick.

25 minutes ago, Wyatt Earp SASS#1628L said:

What are you doing to slim down? I need to lose a few.

No special diet. I just don’t eat so much. Pretty much cut out junk food and don’t snack after dinner. Just takes willpower and time.

Rarely sweets, less food but anything I want, three meals and almost no snacks.  I walk with the dogs three times a day, and do a little ranch work.  I do like my IPA and do that within reason (usually).  I only found it hard at the beginning, then my system got used to it and I actually monitor my weight to stay at my target and not get too thin.  I should be lifting, but...

5 hours ago, DocWard said:

Same for their Advance Comfort Cowboy Cut, although not all that expensive at the local Rural King. I’m a bit bigger guy, with a long rise, so slim fit doesn’t do the trick.

Look at Kingsize….They carry long rise pants…Live in a wheelchair I like longer rise to fit me for sitting all the time…More to pull up in back…

Texas Lizard

13 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Look at Kingsize….They carry long rise pants…Live in a wheelchair I like longer rise to fit me for sitting all the time…More to pull up in back…

Texas Lizard

Thanks. The Wranglers do fine for me, but I might check them out anyway. When I say "a bit bigger" I'm talking more like fullback or linebacker as opposed to a down lineman. I tend to wear a 38" waist now. Not huge by any means, but I do need to work harder at getting rid of the spare tire. Heck, when I was fresh out of Basic Training I wore a 33" waist, so I suppose I'm not doing too bad.

44 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Thanks. The Wranglers do fine for me, but I might check them out anyway. When I say "a bit bigger" I'm talking more like fullback or linebacker as opposed to a down lineman. I tend to wear a 38" waist now. Not huge by any means, but I do need to work harder at getting rid of the spare tire. Heck, when I was fresh out of Basic Training I wore a 33" waist, so I suppose I'm not doing too bad.

5” bigger waist from Basic is exactly what I have. :lol:

140 pounds of fighting fury. :lol:

3ECF1586-D0F7-48F5-95E8-93539F372B42.jpeg

1 hour ago, DocWard said:

They go for tall and bigger…Works well for me…

Texas Lizard

14 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

140 pounds of fighting fury. :lol:

3ECF1586-D0F7-48F5-95E8-93539F372B42.jpeg

Don't have any photos.  I was issued a 14, and in one of the short periods of downtime in basic, took mine apart on my footlocker.  The D.I. had a cow, and started hollering,  I had been taking apart guns and cleaning them since I was 10 or so - got it back together quick enough.  One thing I never understood, they issued me a bayonet, but sequestered my small jack knife.

I'd have to dig for photos. I came out of Basic Training at 184. Came home from deployment in '08 at 205 lb., very fit, running further and faster than I had in almost 20 years. Now I'm sitting somewhere around 225. Been whittling away at the weight slowly but surely, but seem to have hit a bit of a plateau recently. Hopefully getting out and getting active in addition to watching my food intake will jump start things.

I came out of basic training around 210. Slimed down to about 180 to keep under weight controls but continued weight lifting and constantly fought the standards. I used to eat around 4500 calories a day and just running I was a member of the 50 mile club. Which meant that you simply ran 50 plus a week. I managed that for a few years til the knees and back started giving out. I miss it

Now. I’m lucky if I eat 1000 calories a day, I weigh around 160 and rarely hungry. 

I need new jeans lol. Thanks for the link. I have a closet full of size 38s and 36. Time for a trip to goodwill

1 hour ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

I came out of basic training around 210. Slimed down to about 180 to keep under weight controls but continued weight lifting and constantly fought the standards. I used to eat around 4500 calories a day and just running I was a member of the 50 mile club. Which meant that you simply ran 50 plus a week. I managed that for a few years til the knees and back started giving out. I miss it

Now. I’m lucky if I eat 1000 calories a day, I weigh around 160 and rarely hungry. 

I need new jeans lol. Thanks for the link. I have a closet full of size 38s and 36. Time for a trip to goodwill

If I go over 1000 I will put on weight unless i exercise like crazy!

you had me for a moment there , sometimes im so gullible - i love my 22s the only collection i still have short of my cowboy tools , so i saw the dishwasher cleaning your rugers and said "oh no" in my head , yet i knew ................so read on , hope the jeans are clean , if you have wrangler 22s - i do not - hope they are well oiled , 

If you decide to buy Wrangler shirts be sure to use their size chart.  Bought two shirts a while back the same size. One fit perfectly and the other was way too small. One was from their GS line and one was from the Retro collection.  When I called to complain the person on the phone explained the difference between the different styles to me.  They also sent me a new shirt of the correct size as well as picking up the tab for the return. 

Archived