SASS Wire Forum

Good day at the liquor store

Utah Bob #35998

Some of my favorite shopping is at a liquor store. :D

Nice score, UB!

52 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Two 16 year-old single malts?  Did you just drop close to $1000?

Nah they were $92 each.

UB,

You must be a conniesewer; I don't know most of the things you drink nor the brands. You snow me every time. Also I consider Scotch to be high grade dishwater. I'm satisfied with Coors, Old Grandad and Smirnoff.

PF

9 minutes ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

You must be a conniesewer; I don't know most of the things you drink nor the brands. You snow me every time. Also I consider Scotch to be high grade dishwater. I'm satisfied with Coors, Old Grandad and Smirnoff.

PF

It's all about what you like and what is important to you.  Dad used to say "There's a lot of things in this World I can't afford, but I'm fortunate to be able to eat and drink the things I like".

Nothing is better than highland single malt. You sir are top shelf!

2 hours ago, Phantom Falcon, SASS # 46139 said:

UB,

PF

I believe I have simply developed a fondness for the finer things in life. Life is too short to drink cheap whisky. I shared your distaste of Scotch until I had some GOOD stuff.  ;) Of course one man's Finer Things are another man's garbage.

Caviar is garbage! ;)

You ever have any expensive stuff and it tastes just like cheap stuff?

To me, caviar tastes like sardines. Which cost $0.49 a can, instead of $10 for a little jar.

My in-laws bought some lobster one time, and they apparently overcooked it because it had the texture of rubber. But it tasted like shrimp flavored rubber. And shrimp on the Gulf Coast at that time was like two and a quarter a pound, and those lobsters were $10 a pound.

Just makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

You ever have any expensive stuff and it tastes just like cheap stuff?

To me, caviar tastes like sardines. Which cost $0.49 a can, instead of $10 for a little jar.

My in-laws bought some lobster one time, and they apparently overcooked it because it had the texture of rubber. But it tasted like shrimp flavored rubber. And shrimp on the Gulf Coast at that time was like two and a quarter a pound, and those lobsters were $10 a pound.

Just makes no sense.

I used to dive for lobster and net shrimp at night. They need to be cooked carefully. Like most shellfish, a few seconds too long and they’re transformed into latex. But cooked perfectly….yummm.

Caviar…..I got nuthin.

11 minutes ago, watab kid said:

your finding some good stuff , must be a great LS 

They have been improving their stock.

21 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I believe I have simply developed a fondness for the finer things in life. Life is too short to drink cheap whisky. I shared your distaste of Scotch until I had some GOOD stuff.  ;) Of course one man's Finer Things are another man's garbage.

Caviar is garbage! ;)

UB,

I'm happy you're enjoying your "stuff";  that's all that really matters

I'm sorry you cancelled the  D&S trip. That's too long and too enjoyable to wear a mask. Maybe you'll get another opportunity. 

PF

Archived