SASS Wire Forum

Taylors & Company

Blind Squirrel

1 hour ago, Blind Squirrel said:

I did a search and didn't turn anything up on these guns. Does anyone have knowledge if these guns are worth the money?

Thanks.

Which gun(s) are you asking about?  BTW the level of stock on all cowboy guns is a lot lower then it use to be.

I’ve bought a few Pedersoli lightnings and other rifles from them and have always been taken care of very well. They are a good parts supplier also.

I personally own many sets and almost every lever model they make. Love the quality, much better than the new Winchesters and priced better as well.  Love them so much, lets say I "move" Taylor's more than winchesters 10 fold when it comes to rifles.  

First class company!!!!!

I have a pair of short stroked & tuned Smokewagon’s in 357/38sp from Taylor’s. The Smokewagon is Taylor’s spin on the Uberti Cattlemen if I remember correctly. The tuning that Taylor’s in-house gunsmith does is beautiful!! The guns are very accurate when I do my part and function flawlessly.  I would highly recommend.   

i generally keep about 20 of their guns in stock.  they are ok to deal with as a store.  currently really back ordered on most items due to Italy being shut down for most of last year.  As stated they are not a manufacture they are an importer.  They do get certain guns spec'd out just for them that no one else will get. just like lipsey or talo,   I have had less than stellar experiences with customer service, but on a whole, would rate them well

The only problem I ever had with Taylor's was a Cody Conagher factory tuned Commanchero. It was jamming from day one. I sent it back and nothing was done. It was a "cut and weld" not a true short stroke. I had a local gunsmith install a C&I SS kit and I had to get a new lever. 

I'll NEVER buy a "factory tuned" fireamr from Taylor's or anyone else for that matter. I will always buy it stock! 

I am a fan of the Remington models made by Uberti.  I have two Uberti police revolvers in 45 colt, and a Taylor’s 1875 in 45 colt.  The Taylor’s had an action job, and the cylinder turns better and faster than my 1890’s.  For the price, I would recommend Taylor’s in a heartbeat!

Archived