SASS Wire Forum

Frankfort arsenal puller

Hells Comin

If you have a Rock Chucker, the right caliber shell holder and a pair of side cutters, easy and fast to pull bullets.  No die, run the case up, gently grab the bullet, pull the case down.  Done correctly the bullets are fine to reuse.

I’ve had the Pile Driver a couple weeks now. Pulled 50+ so far. Works good. A little easier than the kinetic puller. It’s Loud. Mount on a solid surface. About 1/4 of the rounds take two times to come apart.  Bought on Amazon. 

5 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Pretty sure that's the one Captain Baylor has been "reviewing" on Facebook.  He seems to like it.

(But he also likes me so his taste us a bit suspect. :ph34r:)

I bought it based on Captain Baylors   FB review  

I quite like mine. About half the bullets I’ve pulled take two strikes but it’s still a heck of a lot better than the hammer. I did have to shave off a bit of the latch which holds the component catch bin in order to get the thing out without prying with a screwdriver. Nothing a quick Dremeling couldn’t fix. 

Add-on: I forget to mention that in order to pull my 44 caliber rounds without scratching the cases like crazy I had to buy the Magnum Carrier. Another $11 or so off Amazon. 

Wish things weren't shared on FB. I miss a lot of stuff being a FB snob! But I'll be damned to give in to it. Better to miss out I figure. Ses all the match photo end up there too.:ph34r:

I found that to minimize the number of hammer strikes required to disassemble cartridges whack it on a concrete floor or a block of steel or anvil.  To disassemble a lot of cartridges I use an RCBS collect bullet puller die & appropriate collet. 

2 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

I found that to minimize the number of hammer strikes required to disassemble cartridges whack it on a concrete floor or a block of steel or anvil.  To disassemble a lot of cartridges I use an RCBS collect bullet puller die & appropriate collet. 

Absolutely, when using that gadget - I use a small anvil.  

With the hammer type, use shell holders instead of the 3 piece o ring thingys. Also, sort of limp wrist it when you wack it against the hard surface. I use the end grain of a piece of 6x6. I put a cleaning patch in the bottom of the hammer to keep from damaging soft bullets when they release.

in a similar fashion I use a PVC connector and wire strippers to hold bullet

the PVC keeps me from dinging up the top of the threads

use the wire stripper part which is between hands and pivot NOT the end of the tool

05faa73d-5ce6-493d-9156-079e647380cf_1.7

9 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

With the hammer type, use shell holders instead of the 3 piece o ring thingys. Also, sort of limp wrist it when you wack it against the hard surface. I use the end grain of a piece of 6x6. I put a cleaning patch in the bottom of the hammer to keep from damaging soft bullets when they release.

Actually, I've been using dryer lint for that for years!

16 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Cut a piece of felt pad to fit the bottom.

Be sure to warn your wife before using it. They are loud. 
and they store up a tremendous amount of energy. If you got a finger in way (unlikely) if would take it off!

23 hours ago, Hoss said:

Be sure to warn your wife before using it. They are loud. 
and they store up a tremendous amount of energy. If you got a finger in way (unlikely) if would take it off!

I got one a week ago and mounted it in the wall. It works very well but you are right they are a bit loud. After getting the first round done I put on some ear protection and always wear eye protect in my reloading area. My dog ran upstairs and hid in her bed, she is scared of the contraption. 

Kajun

Archived