SASS Wire Forum

ISO Henry 22lr Gunsmith

TUCO SASS #46748

TUCO,

The short stroke is the easiest part to modify.  Check out the video that Not Dead Ed posted above and it would help.

As Possum noted, SLATER is doing the complete Widder Soft Stroke mods on Henry rifles.   He's a good friend and fellow

Cowboy shooter that I trained on the Henry work and does a great job.

For a complete action job/tuning and short stroke, give him a call at:  865 / 591-5129.

He is also a SASS Merchant.   AND.... you can also buy a Henry from him, complete with action job.

Give him a call.  

If you have any specific questions and want to do the short stroke mod yourself, feel free to call me anytime.   I'll be glad

to help. 

865 / 696-1996

..........Widder

I literally just got my son's henry 22lr from Slater today.  All I can say is WOW! The action is as smooth as butter. Slater was awesome to deal and chat with. I look forward to meeting him at a match someday. 

21 hours ago, John E. Law said:

I literally just got my son's henry 22lr from Slater today.  All I can say is WOW! The action is as smooth as butter. Slater was awesome to deal and chat with. I look forward to meeting him at a match someday. 

Plan a vacation in mid-July and take the fam up to Black Gold.

You won't be sorry you did.

Slater sometimes shows up there.

Even if he doesn't your family will still have a blast.

We're headed to our cabin in Murphy, NC that weekend. Couldn't go earlier because Ima Pettigogger has a trial that week. So we can't make the Tenn. State, believe me I tried. LOL. We are bringing up the guns to shoot a local match in Dawsonville. GA that following weekend. 

Another recommendation for Slater. Bought a new Silver Eagle from him and had it slicked up before I ever touched it. Loved it so much that I took my basic blues model to him and had him work that one over as well. Flat out fantastic! As a bonus, he’s a great cowboy to chat with! 

Archived