SASS Wire Forum

Dual View Video - 1st Person & 360°

The Outlaw Travis James

Call Me the Breeze 

It wasn't my best outing but the footage is pretty cool.  I'm still figuring out the settings on the new Insta360 One RS so a few of the stages are overexposed.  This range is notoriously hard to film on due to the cameras being in the shade and the targets in full sun.

• First Person footage shot on Insta360 GO 2
  • 360 footage shot on Insta360 One RS

1 hour ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Very cool camera views, and neat transitions in the editing.  I ended up only watching the shooter view.

I am trying to figure out how to make the picture in picture a little more viewable without taking away from the first person.  

I've seen some YouTube shorts POV videos where the shooter has something on their glasses or hat, I'm not sure, but every time they shoot the shotgun the picture shakes a lot.  Yours is very smooth in comparison.

15 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

I've seen some YouTube shorts POV videos where the shooter has something on their glasses or hat, I'm not sure, but every time they shoot the shotgun the picture shakes a lot.  Yours is very smooth in comparison.

I have some copper wire used as a stabilizer on the brim of my hat.  The brim is too flimsy to hold the camera so it was required.

Hats off to you for all the camera work you do!  I know from experience how much work/time it takes to get to the end product and is the reason I stopped.

Your videos are surely an asset to you, your club and SASS as a whole.

Totes

On 4/13/2022 at 10:13 AM, Totes Magoats said:

Hats off to you for all the camera work you do!  I know from experience how much work/time it takes to get to the end product and is the reason I stopped.

Your videos are surely an asset to you, your club and SASS as a whole.

Totes

I really enjoy the whole process of filming and editing.  Coming up with unique camera angles is my favorite part.  With the 360° camera, it gives me lots of options.  Thank you for watching and your kind words.  

Archived