SASS Wire Forum

Winchester Small Pistol Primers @ MidwayUSA

5 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Limit of one brick of 1,000 for $79.99

Plus shipping ???? So maybe $100???

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Plus shipping ???? So maybe $100???

Probably more than $100 with both HAZMAT and shipping.  I'm not placing an order but someone will.

Also, Brownells has Cheddite 209s for $74.99/1,000 (not including shipping and HAZMAT).

It doesn't appear as if there is much the consumer can do about it. Back in the day conditions were right for entrepreneurs to start up businesses to supply the North American shooters. Today the high cost of transporting goods has the industry by the balloons. 

In Canada: Canpar stopped shipping primers, powder and ammunition. They were the last provider offering that service Canada wide. To ship any of these now it has to be done by local courier services. and to get anything shipped may mean the parcel gets transferred between several courier services. I was quoted $72 to ship 1000 primers. 

BB 

2 hours ago, Beartrap SASS#57175 said:

Target sports has Federal SMALL pistol primers available. $599 SHIPPED for 5k.

https://www.targetsportsusa.com/federal-small-pistol-magnum-primers-200-case-of-5000-200-p-112110.aspx

Yep.  Comes out to $126/1000 after tax.  It’s high, but I like to shoot.

MIdwayUSA has Winchester Small Pistol Primers for sale again this morning, same price and quantity limit though shipping (but not $16 HAZMAT) is free.

Archived