SASS Wire Forum

Who did you book to play at your prom?

We all went to the Student Union Building at Utah State University for a banquet and some dancing, then to the George Nelson Fieldhouse a half a block away and had a whole section of prime seats for The Kingston Trio.   That was January 19, 1959 and not the usual time of year for a prom, but the organizers pulled a rabbit out of the hat and got it done.

Some local group played for the dancing and dinner music, but I have no idea who it was. 

The whole thing started at 6:00 and we all for home by about midnight.

My date was Katherine "Rusty" Sargent, a redhead who could whip any guy on campus.

I didn't go to my prom, actually I couldn't. I had to go to summer school for one credit and they wouldn't let me attend! Oddly enough I flunked History class which was right after lunch and I almost never went! Weird because now I LOVE history!! Go figure!:blink:

My school was so small, it was a combined Jr-Sr prom to get enough people. No band, just a DJ. I went to four proms - two for my Jr-Sr and two for my GF's Jr-Sr.:D

A nice thing about our proms is that we held them at a resort about 50 miles from town. We would get the day off from school and spend it at the resort.

Don’t recall the name of the band, but members of the the band later played behind Charlie Daniels, J.J. Cale, Leon Russell, Tanya Tucker, and others.

Just now, .44bang said:

It wasn't much of a big deal for me, Maybe for other at the time but it isn't now so i don't think you missed much.

Every kids back there drove their dad's car to prom it was a cool thing then.

Wonder what prom would look like today.

I don't even want to think about it.  Bad as reading the news.

well I had to work , never made it to one , but , I and several others , threw a big JAM session after we got off 

started the music about 1130 , played till around 0300 , had lots of folks show up 

many of the guys , playing the clubs , showed up , pretty well an open jam session 

CB 

:lol::lol:

E657B50E-0370-40CC-9EC3-9EC298E49822.jpeg

Not really! We weren’t prom worthy.

I was a year ahead of Carol. Didn’t go to my prom. 
Took her to her senior prom the next year. But I had to take leave fromGermany to come back and do it. :wub:

3 hours ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

Did not go to prom. Or any school dance or function.

I had a job and worked. 

Guess I missed out on a lot. 

Me too. I didn't miss nuthin. Had a great time away from school. 

15 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Me too. I didn't miss nuthin. Had a great time away from school. 

I was lucky. The place I worked was a very popular place. 

Most paid to get in and hang out.

I got paid to be there.  

16 minutes ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

I was lucky. The place I worked was a very popular place. 

Most paid to get in and hang out.

I got paid to be there.  

I was working at one of the best restaurants in town that all the prom goers went to. I'll bet my after work party was better than their after prom party.

Archived