SASS Wire Forum

Shotgun Problem

Bailey Creek,5759

At the local shoot Sunday the 10th of April. A shooter picked up his Shotgun to shoot it.

It wouldn't open enough to put shells in. He borrower a shotgun for rest of match.

He called me late afternoon. Said that Stainless Steel pin was in it.

The kind you clean your Brass with. Somehow a pin made its way into the shotgun and locked it up.

If you use them might want to watch them. They do seem to show up everywhere.

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I have even seen lead splatter get in a sxs shotgun and prevent it from closing completely.

Or a piece of shot from a bad crimp.

Worst one I saw-shooter had 1887 staged on left side, ejected 44WCF brass went right into it-found out when he picked up to shoot that the shotgun had serious objections to it.

On 4/12/2022 at 6:35 AM, Mad Dane, SASS#5536 said:

Worst one I saw-shooter had 1887 staged on left side, ejected 44WCF brass went right into it-found out when he picked up to shoot that the shotgun had serious objections to it.

I've always wondered about that with folks who shoot 97's. Lots of them put their 97 down with the port up and shoot their rifle over top of it. I haven't seen a shell tie up a 97 yet but I expect to some day. Long live hammered doubles! :D

4 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

I've always wondered about that with folks who shoot 97's. Lots of them put their 97 down with the port up and shoot their rifle over top of it. I haven't seen a shell tie up a 97 yet but I expect to some day. Long live hammered doubles! :D

I think about this everytime I stage my 97 wondering when it will happen to me.

Hasn't yet, but I'm watching for it.

35 minutes ago, Charlie MacNeil, SASS #48580 said:

I have seen more than once a rifle round brass go into the open action of a 97.

14 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I have seen more than once a rifle round go into the open action of a 97.

My 66 locked up on stage one had two M&M peanuts stuck under one of the links.:D

On 4/12/2022 at 9:35 AM, Mad Dane, SASS#5536 said:

Ellie had a 38 fall into hers. Pretty mangled and a pain to remove. Now she stages it port down.

19 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well, if I were as slow as you with the SG, I think I would keep mine hidden in the closet also.

:lol:

It takes a confident cowboy to "come out of the closet." B)

There's part of a skeleton in the closet that is just a leg/foot bone.  It KICKS me in the butt

every time I open the door.

I finally figured out it belongs to MY Bunkhouse Boss.

:o

..........Widder

Archived