SASS Wire Forum

An excursion

Utah Bob #35998

Got my ticket for a trip through Cascade Canyon on the Yankee Girl later this month.

I will, of course, be attired appropriately. :D

We did that one year when Durango Kid was still around.His wife worked for the rail line.We all rode free.Packing Iron.The Tourist wanted our Pictures.When we reached Silverton the mounted riders( Hug & Kiss Gals)robbed the train.At first the city Marshal of Silverton Didn't want us Packing Iron.But we finally did.We had some good times back then.Do miss it.

Largo

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

I agree with the comment about the shoulder holster. You need to either borrow 40's SA38, or maybe a New Departure.

Borrow? :lol: :lol::lol: I’m good.

0EDD5D98-3E2E-42D7-A260-3963DD81E14B.jpeg

A5EA1489-441E-45C4-B21B-301283891066.jpeg

7 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

do you have the same seat both ways? So you can see up the canyon one way and down, the other?

Yup

Would love to ride the Silverton, when I was a kid I lived for a while in Silverton. Us kids would go down to the old town where they staged gunfights when the train came in, we'd harass the bad guys until they got shot.

Archived