SASS Wire Forum

This photo

Buckshot Bear

I've got the exact revolver and it came with large walnut "hunter" grips. Also have those Pachmyer finger groove grips. I have the right hand version however.:lol:

I thought they all looked like that down under. 
The rifling twists the other way too. :lol:

To Buy... or not to buy... that is the question.
IMO, prices will remain forever high, and availability will remain scarce.

With that in mind, I finally took possession of my 1996 Redhawk 44 mag.
I had to reach higher than pre-covid MSRP, because they simply are not available any more.

The gun and ammo people are making "what sells"...

1 hour ago, Gracos Kid said:

I guess the month and day of the ad is different than I am accustomed too....

To the best of my knowledge, the civilian population of the United States is the only people that do month/day/year.

Every other country does day/month, and our military uses day/month also, so as not to confuse the militarys of our allies.

32 minutes ago, Alpo said:

To the best of my knowledge, the civilian population of the United States is the only people that do month/day/year.

Every other country does day/month, and our military uses day/month also, so as not to confuse the militarys of our allies.

But...We do it right. Actually our military does is like this 12APR2022

Between 81 and 85 I did route sales, and one of my customers was the Air Force exchange. Actually, considering the hospital gift shop, the marina and the two annexes, five of my customers was the Air Force exchange. ^_^ And I learned that I had to date all my invoices 12/04/22, and I had to do everything in black ink, because the Xerox machine would not recognize blue.

Ah, the times, they are achangin'.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Between 81 and 85 I did route sales, and one of my customers was the Air Force exchange. Actually, considering the hospital gift shop, the marina and the two annexes, five of my customers was the Air Force exchange. ^_^ And I learned that I had to date all my invoices 12/04/22, and I had to do everything in black ink, because the Xerox machine would not recognize blue.

Ah, the times, they are achangin'.

I believe that the New South Wales Police still require black ink pens for that reason ........ 

... I might, of course, be wrong, but that's the way it ustawas ........   :blush:

6 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

But...We do it right. Actually our military does is like this 12APR2022

My group at work formats the date imbedded in the file name as the as 2022Apr12. 

When looking at folders on A PC that contain a lot of files, it is easier to find the desired file. Also different versions are easy to identify. 

5 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

My group at work formats the date imbedded in the file name as the as 2022Apr12. 

When looking at folders on A PC that contain a lot of files, it is easier to find the desired file. Also different versions are easy to identify. 

You know what, I recall using the year first on COSAL documents when ordering through Procurement in the Navy. I had forgotten that. 

On 4/11/2022 at 4:49 PM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

In US Dollars that’s $738. I would buy it. 

No kidding!  That's a 1990s price for a superb firearm.  

4 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Yeah and we are proudly hanging onto the Faraheit system for temps and SAE for bolts. B)

SAE bolts.....metric bolts and nuts are sooooo easy Larsen!

2 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Nope I've got one of the older ones without that turnkey bizo on the other side. 

I see the lock issue isn’t just here in the US. Do some people get rabidly fervent regarding the lock to the point where you can feel their blood pressure going up through the internet?:)

Here is something I posted on another forum to a guy that has concerns about a lock and needing a key. He didn’t get one with the used gun that he bought. He also wanted to know what the key looked like. 

Without a political diatribe…
My answers:
1. I used the lock to try it out. It worked. 
2. None of my S&W locks have failed in any way. 
3. The key is only necessary to actuate the lock…or unlock it if you’ve locked it. 
4. My keys fit each of my guns, so it appears they are all keyed the same. 
5. A handcuff key. 

I have purchased 4 S&W revolvers with locks. 
- Models 60 Pro and a 327 Night Guard. Both .357 Magnums. Locks never engaged on their own after hundreds of full power .357 158 grain loads. 
- Model 63 .22 LR. Lock never engaged. I wouldn’t imagine a .22 would. 
Model 25-15 in 45 Colt. After hundreds of rounds at minimum to maximum loads the lock has never engaged. 

Call Smith & Wesson. They’ll send you keys. 
https://www.smith-wesson.com/customer-service/contact-us

4 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

I watched water go down the drain. It was 50/50.

Never been to AUS, or in the Southern Hemisphere - just a bit of trivia I picked up somewhere and confirmed before I posted.  If you've seen it, there you have it!

Archived