SASS Wire Forum

Peanut Butter and Bacon???

Sedalia Dave

Hmmm....  

Half-Breed Pete tried for years to get me to try pickled jalapeños filled with peanut butter.  Nope.  No way.  'Tain't gonna happen.

Then one day my kid tried one... "Hey, Dad!  You GOTTA try this!"

I did.  'Twarn't half bad!  ^_^

And then about five years ago at a Boy Scout Camporee the dessert theme one evening was homemade bacon maple vanilla ice cream.  Mmmmmm......!!   :P

Yep.

19 and 63, I was in third grade, we all walked to the Corning cistern on top of the ridge and brought our picnic lunches: Mom made enough peanut butter bacon and jelly sandwiches for the class and nobody liked 'em.
Peasants.

I ate well indeed that day!

I grew up with a bacon, peanut butter and mayonnaise sandwiches. Substitute the peanut butter for the lettuce & tomato and it will definitely be a pleasant surprise. I liked it so much I would make them without bacon as well. 

Robyn's Restaurant in Cameron, MO offers a large burger with sea salt caramel, bacon, and peanut butter.  Great taste, but does require a fair number of napkins once the warm peanut butter and caramel start to flow a bit.  

CS

On 4/13/2022 at 12:44 AM, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

Yep.

19 and 63, I was in third grade, we all walked to the Corning cistern on top of the ridge and brought our picnic lunches: Mom made enough peanut butter bacon and jelly sandwiches for the class and nobody liked 'em.
Peasants.

I ate well indeed that day!

when I was 3rd assistant Elementary Music teacher (computers were lumped in with art, PE and music) the "elves" had to take a country/continent and tell something about it, sing a song and then have a treat to pass out (school paid X-amount for purchase of treats)    

I was working with the European group and we figured cheese (Switzerland tie in) would be easy and cheap (it was American cheese but cheese never the less.)  

My job was to give each elf of audience, as they left, a ¼ of a slice . . . and no one would take any!  Never mind we had cheese in cafeteria all the time.

My team had cheese sandwiches for weeks afterwards

p.s. we called them  elves--never had a complaint about calling kids names using that term

Archived