SASS Wire Forum

Heartbreaker for Texas and Florida....

Awww...  this is sure to be sad news for folks in the Southland ~ it seems that Los Angeles County has officially banned all travel for county business to Texas and Florida.  Seems they disagree with a couple of laws in those states (y'all know which ones!).  Why... they'll show 'em!  :rolleyes:

Oh... but they did say "the travel ban will be lifted if the Florida law or Texas order are suspended."  B)

Now, for our pards in Texas and Florida (and everyone else, too), don't that just break y'all's heart?  :)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/travel/2022/04/08/la-ban-travel-florida-texas/

I have a hunch many of the people in those states would like them to ban the migration from there.

29 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Now if they could just expand the law to include all ca registered (and unregistered) democrats as well as forbid them from leaving the state to visit / move to any red state!:P

I can think of a Red State they could move to...I understand that this Red State has been losing it's citizens at a fast rate in the last month and a half.

6 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I wonder if Florida and Texas colluded together to get that exact outcome ? .....   :huh:

:rolleyes:

.... I know that this is how rumours get started,   ........

.... but in this case I'm not so sure it would be a terrible bad thing .....   -_-

So no more official fact-finding trips to South Beach eh? 
What a shame. :lol:

I have to chuckle over all this.
All the bad ideas start in CA or NY, but the Blue Flu eventually spreads to everywhere.
Just like COVID.

GA has Stacey Abrams
FL has Andrew Gillum
TX has Beto the Fake Mexican
MN has Walz
AK has Murkowski
UT has Romney
ME has Collins

And so forth.
Biden is transporting illegals to all the other states, because CA and NY are already full of 'em.
CA and NY refugees are bringing Big Money and driving locals out your housing markets and raising your property taxes.
LGBTQWTF are spreading their baloney into all the schools and sporting events.
It's everywhere, not just CA.

45 minutes ago, bgavin said:

LGBTQWTF are spreading their baloney into all the schools and sporting events.

I know what LGBTQ means - Let's Get Biden To Quit...But what is LGBTQWTF? :D

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

"what the f..."

It appertains to the various strata of mental illness

I knew that. Just being a wise guy. :lol:

Can we get them to put Tennessee on their list??  Maybe if they stay home, we won’t have to put up with their BS!!

Im hoping that our criminal CA government goes so far off the rails that even the snowflakes see they are insane. We live in a small town with no fast food. No stop lights and three churches. You run a tab at the hardware store and everybody knows your name. You sit down at the bar and within five minutes three people walk in that youre friends with so we all sit and have a beer. We are not all crazy. 

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Can we get them to put Tennessee on their list??  Maybe if they stay home, we won’t have to put up with their BS!!

You'd figger the South would be used to dealin' with carpetbaggers since we've had over 150 years of practice!

Seriously, the problem isn't folks moving from them places.

It's the ones that move from them places and start trying to make where they are now into where they just left.

If where you just left was so great, why did you leave?

12 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

california gets over 30% of their power from Texas and Oklahoma.

What is your source for that?  The Southwest Power Pool has the only two high voltage direct current ties to the ERCOT Texas Interconnection.  There are no DC ties at all between the ERCOT Texas Interconnection, on the one hand, and either of the Eastern interconnection to the Western Interconnection, on the other.  California might get some of its power from SPP, but not Texas.

Yes, but the sources include Northwest producers, as well as Arizona, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, Baja California and other parts of Mexico, and a very small amount from Texas as a result of the very small level of participation of the ERCOT grid in the SPP.  California does not get "over 30% of their power from Texas and Oklahoma" -- no other state gets much electricity from Texas, and Texas gets very little electricity from any other state, by explicit political design.  Let's just keep our legitimate criticisms of California's policies based in reality and fact -- which is easy enough to do without any exaggeration at all.

Don't worry Florida and Texas.  Georgia has been on the banned list since we tightened up the voting laws.  The libs moved the All Star baseball game out of the state but that's about all they could do.  We still got to keep the voting laws.   Our governor just signed constitutional carry into law so now law abiding citizens can carry without the need for a permit.  I guess we'll get double banned now.

I wonder if they'll try to stop Pat from leaving?

Or will they be glad to see the back of his car when he leaves????

4 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I wonder if they'll try to stop Pat from leaving?

Or will they be glad to see the back of his car when he leaves????

There was a proposal to charge a fee for selling out and moving offered in the California legislature IIRC.

Archived