SASS Wire Forum

Ballistic Products Credit Card Breach

Snakebite

If you have ordered from Ballistic Products using a Credit Card, Keep an eye out on what has been charged to your credit card. 

Yes, indeed.  In this March I ordered from BPI a small item.  On a credit card.   14 days after that, someone used that credit card number for attempts at purchases which the card company detected, refused, and cancelled the card.   By either lax cybersecurity, or hiring people or subcontractors who are not honest and at a minimum are willing to sell my credit card number to (internet) crooks, BPI is endangering my EVER ordering from them again. 

good luck, GJ

Here’s the email I got today from BPI

Notice of Data Incident

http://www.emailonacid.com/images/emails/emailmonks1/spacer.gif

Can’t see this email? View it in your browser.

Notice of Data Incident

The purpose of this email is to make you aware of a data incident experienced by one of our third-party vendors that may have resulted in the disclosure of payment card information of some of our customers. The vendor of this service has launched an independent investigation with the help of national cybersecurity experts. At this time, we have received only limited information as the vendor’s investigation remains ongoing. BPI and our vendor take the security and privacy of your information very seriously and regret any inconvenience this may cause you. 

Our vendor has informed us that it is working with the payment card brands and law enforcement authorities to better understand the scope of this incident. We were notified that payment card brands may be cancelling and re-issuing certain payment cards. Please note that BPI does NOT directly collect or store payment card data in our own computer system. We employ and rely on offsite vendors to safeguard this data. Accordingly, we do not yet have access to the information required to determine which specific cards were impacted and, therefore, we are unable to provide any additional information about those impacted at this time. We anticipate receiving more information from the vendor concerning specific customers who may have been impacted, and we will notify those individuals upon receiving such information. 

We appreciate your patience in the coming weeks as our vendor and industry experts work through this complex situation. 

Sincerely,
Ballistic Products

Copyright © 2022, All rights reserved.

©Ballistic Products, Inc. | 20015 75th Ave N | PO Box 293 | Corcoran, MN 55340

Update your preferences / Unsubscribe

©Ballistic Products, Inc. | 20015 75th Ave N | PO Box 293 | Corcoran, MN 55340

Archived