SASS Wire Forum

Baseball slaughter

Rye Miles #13621

After losing the first two games to KC , Cleveland Indians , oops sorry the Guardians :angry: won yesterday 17-3!! Wow!!

2 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Who in the hell are the Guardians? They will be the Indians until I die!

Me too but we have to refer to them with new name like it or not.:o

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

21 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Maybe you do, But I don't.

The Cherokee in me says they’re the “INDIANS” and that football team in DC is the “REDSKINS” and anybody what don’t like it should take note of the mistletoe on my shirt tail!!  :lol:

23 minutes ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Maybe you do, But I don't.

People will eventually forget about the name the Indians unless they're fans like us! I hate the name but I'm trying to get on board somewhat! 

I will never buy anything with Guardians on it and if I go to a game I've got Chief Wahoo shirts and a cap that I'll wear.

I have been a baseball player and fan since the 50's. The team logos, names and images have been burned into my brain and will never leave. 

1 hour ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

I have been a baseball player and fan since the 50's. The team logos, names and images have been burned into my brain and will never leave. 

I get that and I’ve been a fan since the 50’s also but living in the Cleveland area it’s hard not to refer to them with their new name since all the news channels, tv and radio baseball broadcasts and a lot of people that have gone on board. That’s what I have to deal with.

55 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Maybe people would be happy if every team name that referenced native Americans  was changed to Savages. 

Savages, wish I'd thought about that name years ago when I was on a bowling team.

Cleveland will always be the Indians

Washington will always be the Redskins

Atlanta will always be the Braves

There is no shortage of offended people, even though they can trace their history back to a lineage of idiots.

I try not to refer to Cleveland at all actually. :lol:

8 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

Savages, wish I'd thought about that name years ago when I was on a bowling team.

Cleveland will always be the Indians

Washington will always be the Redskins

Atlanta will always be the Braves

There is no shortage of offended people, even though they can trace their history back to a lineage of idiots.

In most of the cases of offended people it starts with white liberals telling the people that they should be offended. They think people other then themselves are not intelligent enough to make these judgments on their own.

10 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I try not to refer to Cleveland at all actually. :lol:

Hey now, it’s not a bad place to be. I’ve been here 75 years ! 
it’s better than Colorado! :P

55 minutes ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

Maybe people would be happy if every team name that referenced native Americans  was changed to Savages. 

I could maybe go for that!!

The original name of the Cincinatti team was the Red Legs!  Too offensive to some. They changed it to the Red Stockings, but that was too close to Red Sox so they finally became just the Reds.  

The Braves started their life in Boston, moved to Milwaukee, and finally wound up in Atlanta.

The Athletics began in Philadelphia, migrated to Kansas City, and are now in Oakland.

The Giants are from New York City, but now reside in San Francisco and the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA!!

None of them changed their names!!

BUT!! The Houston Colt 45s changed their name to the Astros, ostensibly because NASA moved to Houston, but it’s rumored that the name change was for other political reasons.

OH! And the Senators moved out of DC and became the Rangers!!

Some other teams just folded and there are other teams who have moved or mutated in some way!!

All are just marketing ventures and few have ANY true loyalty to their town or region!  

SAVAGES!! I LIKE IT!!!

1 minute ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I could maybe go for that!!

The original name of the Cincinatti team was the Red Legs!  Too offensive to some. They changed it to the Red Stockings, but that was too close to Red Sox so they finally became just the Reds.  

The Braves started their life in Boston, moved to Milwaukee, and finally wound up in Atlanta.

The Athletics began in Philadelphia, migrated to Kansas City, and are now in Oakland.

The Giants are from New York City, but now reside in San Francisco and the Dodgers moved from Brooklyn to LA!!

None of them changed their names!!

BUT!! The Houston Colt 45s changed their name to the Astros, ostensibly because NASA moved to Houston, but it’s rumored that the name change was for other political reasons.

OH! And the Senators moved out of DC and became the Rangers!!

Some other teams just folded and there are other teams who have moved or mutated in some way!!

All are just marketing ventures and few have ANY true loyalty to their town or region!  

SAVAGES!! I LIKE IT!!!

The new owners of the Cleveland Indians kowtowed to the MLB commissioner to get rid of the Chief Wahoo logo or they couldn’t have the AllStar game in 2018 (I believe) Money move!! I’m sure they got pressured from MLB also to change the name. The Toronto Blue Jays wouldn’t allow the Indians to wear Chief Wahoo on their uniforms!!

These owners are all about money and pleasing  the liberals!! It really stinks but I love the game so what can I do?:angry:

Guardians?!?!?!? Times change. . I quit listening and or watching games a few years ago for a few reasons. I understand there are a collection of new, strange rules that do not appeal to me but others enjoy. The NL has the dh???? Say it aint so…

5 minutes ago, Jessey Hightower said:

Guardians?!?!?!? Times change. . I quit listening and or watching games a few years ago for a few reasons. I understand there are a collection of new, strange rules that do not appeal to me but others enjoy. The NL has the dh???? Say it aint so…

Yep NL has the DH.

In the 10th inning of a tie game a runner is placed on second which I absolutely hate! Word is they won’t do it for the playoffs or the World Series.

2 hours ago, Smokin Gator SASS #29736 said:

In most of the cases of offended people it starts with white liberals telling the people that they should be offended. They think people other then themselves are not intelligent enough to make these judgments on their own.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Exactly right.

29 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yep NL has the DH.

In the 10th inning of a tie game a runner is placed on second which I absolutely hate! Word is they won’t do it for the playoffs or the World Series.

They’ve ditched the runner on second thing!!  Next year, they will ban the exaggerated shift as well!

25 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They’ve ditched the runner on second thing!!  Next year, they will ban the exaggerated shift as well!

No they haven’t ditched the runner on second, they did it in Saturday’s  game KC vs Cleveland.

24 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No they haven’t ditched the runner on second, they did it in Saturday’s  game KC vs Cleveland.

News to me!  The MLB announced that it had been removed back in March.

23 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

News to me!  The MLB announced that it had been removed back in March.

I thought the same thing but it  will removed in 2023.:rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Hey now, it’s not a bad place to be. I’ve been here 75 years ! 
it’s better than Colorado! :P

Rye......Luv ya man.....I was born,raised and lived 70 years in Ohio but I've been to Cleveland and also all over Colorado including SW Colorado where UB hails from. Trust me, except for the state's liberal left leaning, I'll take Colorado. Few things on earth prettier than the San Juans.

15 minutes ago, Sixgun Seamus said:

Rye......Luv ya man.....I was born,raised and lived 70 years in Ohio but I've been to Cleveland and also all over Colorado including SW Colorado where UB hails from. Trust me, except for the state's liberal left leaning, I'll take Colorado. Few things on earth prettier than the San Juans.

I was in Colorado for a few days and while the mountains are pretty I’ll take Cleveland and especially Ohio for the politics. Also they get a heck of a lot more snow than we do especially in the mountains. No thanks! 

I was a Baseball fan from Mid 50s on. I remember rushing home so I could get the latest in 61 of the Mantle and Maris Home Run race. Then turned off when they put an asterisk by his record because Ruths record was sacred. Later the record was broken many times due to drugs and non ever received an asterisk. We had Season Tickets like forever with the Cubs and went to many White Sox Games also. I also attended many Baseball Shows to meet retired Players and Hall of Famers, many times driving 500 to 800 miles. Then something happened to baseball, all the enhanced drugs, out of this world salaries, and if they got a owie, they were put on the disability roster. Anyone remember Mantle playing hurt, players after a game telling their managers that they broke a finger or two during the game yet kept on playing. 

I loved the game, but the game and the players left me.

Same for Football, I haven't watched nor supported a Team since the kneeling incidence which they now cover up by not showing the Anthem. The owner of our local team has a yacht that would shame a cruise ship with heli-port and a 40 ft boat in its hanger. Yet every year they demand that the city, actually us the Tax Payer, make upgrade and changes to the Stadium, with owner not dropping a dime. Do it, or we move the Team.

There comes a time when enough is enough and they met the criteria were I no longer support Pro-sports, nor their sponsors.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:28 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I will never buy anything with Guardians on it and if I go to a game I've got Chief Wahoo shirts and a cap that I'll wear.

I'll wear my Ricky "Wild Thing" Vaughn jersey.  I was an extra in "Major League II" and I always wanted a jersey like the ones in the movie.  A home jersey and road jersey for Ricky Vaughn turned up on Ebay and I got them.

DSCN0246.JPG

DSCN0247.JPG

Archived