SASS Wire Forum

Had a great time at Comancheria Days

Huge thanks to those involved in putting on this match in the Texas Hill Country.  Texican Ranger President Alamo Andy as well as Shooting Iron Miller, Sheriff Robert Love, Tombstone Mary and A.D. and many others are to be commended for putting on a fine match.

Congrats to Men’s Overall Champ, Oklahoma Dee.  Hat’s off as well to Men’s runner up, junior boy, Coyote Catcher, with whom I had the pleasure of shooting.  Congrats to Women’s Overall Champ, Missouri Mae and to the runner up, Wynonna Earp.

We were blessed with good weather, good stages, and great people.  Definitely plan to return next year.

We shot this match a couple years ago and really enjoyed it.  We have it on our list for next year.  

BS

1 hour ago, Shotglass 17153 said:

Always a great shoot:wub:

Miss SW Reginal LFC  Champ, did you enjoy "the smoke" once again?:D

CD is my favorite match (I only shoot nearby annuals).   I managed to shoot it clean last year for the first time.  It is very "cleanable" (40 clean this year) but I'm usually having so much fun that I don't concentrate enough and do stupid stuff.  Three years ago after a plate rack I dumped on the no-shoot target in front (no hits on the fresh paint was not enough of a hint for me).  The next year, shooting in the rain, I only put 4 rounds in one pistol for my only miss.  This year?  I P'd on my second shot of the match. :P.   But I won a pistol!  :)

39 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

CD is my favorite match (I only shoot nearby annuals).   I managed to shoot it clean last year for the first time.  It is very "cleanable" (40 clean this year) but I'm usually having so much fun that I don't concentrate enough and do stupid stuff.  Three years ago after a plate rack I dumped on the no-shoot target in front (no hits on the fresh paint was not enough of a hint for me).  The next year, shooting in the rain, I only put 4 rounds in one pistol for my only miss.  This year?  I P'd on my second shot of the match. :P.   But I won a pistol!  :)

And looked dang good getting that P too!

La Sombra

In the likely event someone is interested in watching some of us shoot the CD stages, Abilene was kind enough to video members of Posse 6 and Panhandle Cowgirl shooting some stages.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXg4wGxUmmPIH966CYDZ5nQ

La Sombra

(and yes, I had a fantastic time and shoot.)

Whale of a grand time.  Met an Western author out of Austin and bought two of his books, found #6 shot, talked with the Legendary Dusty Chambers, Saw countless wonderful shooters and the Texican Rangers voluntary members were everywhere helping and spankin those that needed it.

Archived