SASS Wire Forum

Work-A-Ford

Subdeacon Joe

You know how fellas will buy their wife a fly rod for their birthday.
Dear old Dad got Mama a Land-Rover (one of the boxy African safari cars, not the luxury mobile they've become today)

We were fascinated, delighted and utterly enamored to find out its history, how the Brits allowed as you could use it as a tractor all week and drive to market on Saturday.

It was set up for a PTO out the big hole in that stout back bumper.

Mama thought it was cute, she loved driving it, bought an English driving cap to wear when she did.

She never let us take it "Wading" (British for running it through the crick) nor were we allowed to go hell-a-tearin' through the woods with it.

She gave us The Look when we asked about trying the PTO on Granddad's hay baler.

Looking at the OP for the Ford power take off system, I reckon there's not much new under the sun!

The way guys dolly up their trucks these days it’s almost comical. Could you see one of these 4x4 Highway Queens actually doing work? It would give the owner a coronary if he actually used the truck as a truck. :lol:

PS: No need to respond about how this isn’t you and how silly these guys are. We all know the folks in here aren’t a bunch of Nancy Boys. ;)

I bought a new F250 three years ago.  It is jambed full of useless "features" that nobody needs and cost $1K to repair.  In particular I like the female voice that asks you what you want to listen to.   I jokingly asked her for a date.  She stuttered for a second (literally) then said, "Enter another menu selection".  We got a good laugh.  

I'm waiting for a 2022  Subaru Forester.  I got the bottom of the line because I did NOT want a "moonroof" and all the others only come with one.

Because I got the "cheap" SUV I had to give up:

power seats

the upscale sound system with a CD player

fancy interior

a gizmo that lets you know when you're out of you lane.

self dimming mirrors

heated seats

heated steering wheel

2 extra UHB ports

an upgraded all wheel drive system

and some other stuff that I need like a pig needs a sidesaddle.

I got two options:

halogen fog lights (because it does get foggy here once in awhile)

roof rack that I will probably never use (because I might use it and the vehicle looks incomplete without it)

fancy wheel covers (because they come with the roof rack....go figure)

I saved over $3000.00 on the cost of the delivered car.  Even at today's prices that's a lot of extra gas.  For the amount of driving I do it's a lot of paid for extra driving time.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm waiting for a 2022  Subaru Forester.  I got the bottom of the line because I did NOT want a "moonroof" and all the others only come with one.

Because I got the "cheap" SUV I had to give up:

power seats

the upscale sound system with a CD player

fancy interior

a gizmo that lets you know when you're out of you lane.

self dimming mirrors

heated seats

heated steering wheel

2 extra UHB ports

an upgraded all wheel drive system

and some other stuff that I need like a pig needs a sidesaddle.

I got two options:

halogen fog lights (because it does get foggy here once in awhile)

roof rack that I will probably never use (because I might use it and the vehicle looks incomplete without it)

fancy wheel covers (because they come with the roof rack....go figure)

I saved over $3000.00 on the cost of the delivered car.  Even at today's prices that's a lot of extra gas.  For the amount of driving I do it's a lot of paid for extra driving time.

Is this in addition to, or a replacement for the Impala you bought a few years ago?

8 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Is this in addition to, or a replacement for the Impala you bought a few years ago?

This one is just under three years old.  Very low mileage and in excellent shape, but it's simply too dang big.

there was a time in america when we did work and found ways to use what we had to facilitate it , before that ford we had steam engines big ones and little ones 

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

Have you seen the promotional film for the early Jeep? :huh:

..... It could plough paddocks and saw firewood and a whole bunch of other farming type stuff

:)

.... here you go ...  :D

Archived