SASS Wire Forum

Wah Maker cowboy pants - I never knew!!!

Well, tomorrow is the first shoot of the year for me. 

As usual, spent time today gathering hat, leather, guns packed, ammo packed, gun cart ready, some water and a snack. 

Next up was pants, shirt, boots ect...  Then it hit me, perhaps I should check these pants as something didn't seem right. 

WELL sure enough, proven fact; Wah Maker cowboy pants shrunk somehow sitting on a shelf, all cleaned, folded properly, just waiting for spring and cowboy shooting season to start. 

Guess I'll have to wear my wranglers tomorrow and work on getting these darn Wah Maker pants to stretch enough to be comfortable for a day of cowboy shooting. 

I don't think you can hold Wah Maker brand responsible.

It's been my observation that this can happen with any brand - it's primarily a function of the "magic shrinking closet" that so many of us didn't realize was built into our homes....   :huh:   :(

I know how things shrink...believe you me. Except for maybe my belly and hips!!!

Anywhoo...if you can sew a strait seam, you can add a piece easily into the britches and save you some $$.

At the back seam (at the V) take that seam apart to the front inseam.

Now, cut yourself a panel in the shape of a 'Star Trek' V.

If you need 2", cut it 2.5" across and funnel down to a point.

Sew this into the britches...point at the inseam, wide part at the waist.:)

59 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I blame the heat and humidity of the Deep South for clothes shrinkage.:rolleyes:

You Yankees gotta find your own excuses.:P

My wife thinks it may have something to do with cookies and bacon.  I ain't falling for that ruse, she likes cookies too!

I find it amazing that no one has developed a pair of trousers that will hold their original conformation over a winter. I am told by reliable scientists that the largest shrinkage occurs during the holiday season. Something to do with the humidity.

2 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I know how things shrink...believe you me. Except for maybe my belly and hips!!!

Anywhoo...if you can sew a strait seam, you can add a piece easily into the britches and save you some $$.

At the back seam (at the V) take that seam apart to the front inseam.

Now, cut yourself a panel in the shape of a 'Star Trek' V.

If you need 2", cut it 2.5" across and funnel down to a point.

Sew this into the britches...point at the inseam, wide part at the waist.:)

Thanks for the tip.  My Wranglers have a magic waistband that moves slightly as the seasons change, they call it "Comfort Fit".  It works!

But all will be back to normal in a month. As the weather gets warmer, outdoor projects, cleaning up the yard and garden.  I'll be putting more steps on my FitBit.  Fresh air and open windows seem to help my pants fit better. 

Must be the air in my house. I'm 53 years old and my clothes shrunk for the first time in 30 years. Has been a wet spring here.

have not had tjhis happen for a few years now but yes - sitting on the shelf [neglected] they do tend to shrink a bit , my lounge is sore i think ill remove it from my cheek not , my teeth are seeming to bite it a bit , 

time for new wardrobe items it seems ............................

1 hour ago, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Well, tomorrow is the first shoot of the year for me. 

As usual, spent time today gathering hat, leather, guns packed, ammo packed, gun cart ready, some water and a snack. 

Next up was pants, shirt, boots ect...  Then it hit me, perhaps I should check these pants as something didn't seem right. 

WELL sure enough, proven fact; Wah Maker cowboy pants shrunk somehow sitting on a shelf, all cleaned, folded properly, just waiting for spring and cowboy shooting season to start. 

Guess I'll have to wear my wranglers tomorrow and work on getting these darn Wah Maker pants to stretch enough to be comfortable for a day of cowboy shooting. 

By George, I've noticed thd same thing J.S.

I think we should complain...............to somebody!

You can complain to me, it won't do you a wit of good, but you can whine and groan all Ya want ....

This is a free service...

Jabez Cowboy 

I quit wearing cowboy pants about 5-6 years ago! I got tired of buying pants two sizes bigger and they still don’t fit right!!

Wranglers for me!

It's dark closets that make things shrink...you need to have a light on in the closet to keep things from shrinking...my story and I'm sticking to it...

Don't look now.  Same thing happens my Gun Belts.  Hang on the peg in the Gun Room all winter.  Come spring, they are noticeably somewhat smaller.  I didn't think leather goods could contract that much.  Hadda look to be sure wasn't made from Python Leather.

Archived