SASS Wire Forum

Air Freshener

Utah Bob #35998

House smelt a little…. Unfresh what with the temps being a bit cool and windy so it hasn’t been properly given a Springtime airing out yet. :unsure:

iI have a few spray fresheners; Sandalwood, citrusy, flowery….   nope.

Got a couple of scented candles; vanilla, cinnamon apple…nope
I figured I’d think about it after lunch. My stomach was growling.
Then I had a brainstorm! Kill two birds with one stone.

Cooked bacon and made a BBLTI had a Guinness it. Didn’t add much of a bouquet but it sure went down fine. 

No more stale air and no more growly stomach. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

What didn't clean guns with Hoppes #9

I considered spraying some Ballistol around. But I have a leather couch and it makes me slide off. 

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Only if you're wearing pants...:D

Not hot enough for pantsless yet. ;)

I used to open up the vacuum cleaner, and spoon a bunch of cinnamon and cloves into the bag before vacuuming the house ~ smelled heavenly!  ^_^

And then it occurred to me... what the heck ~ just dump some on the floor and suck it up at the beginning of the cleaning session.  Doh!  :lol:

11 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I used to open up the vacuum cleaner, and spoon a bunch of cinnamon and cloves into the bag before vacuuming the house ~ smelled heavenly!  ^_^

And then it occurred to me... what the heck ~ just dump some on the floor and suck it up at the beginning of the cleaning session.  Doh!  :lol:

...... but that wouldn't make the house smell like BACON !!  :(

12 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

...... but that wouldn't make the house smell like BACON !!  :(

Bacon...?  Nope ~ just the aromatic spices.  :)

The point was that it was a tedious process adding them to the vacuum bag... when all I needed to do was have it suck 'em up itsownself into the same bag.  :rolleyes:

I've got a "ski" at the end of my name. Covers me for those sorta things.:o

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

So how long did it take you to come up with that :lol:

24 minutes ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

So how long did it take you to come up with that :lol:

I read the idea somewhere... and I ain't a-sayin' how long it took me to figger out the other part.  :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Can’t eat that though. It would make me crave a sweet roll. :lol:

and here i was all prepared for you to name the great ceegar ...................silly me , but then bacon frying , coffee brewing , i get that too , or just open a window i guess 

46 minutes ago, watab kid said:

and here i was all prepared for you to name the great ceegar ...................silly me , but then bacon frying , coffee brewing , i get that too , or just open a window i guess 

Yeah once the cold wind takes a break I open things up. 

Archived