SASS Wire Forum

2022 Nebraska State SASS Championships

StirrupTrouble

Just a reminder that the 2022 Nebraska State SASS championships will be held at Heartland Public Shooting Park, just west of Grand Island, Nebraska in July

Main match will be July 7-9, and BP Match will be July 10

Theme for the main match is Nebraska Statehood. Entry forms may be found here

https://www.plattevalleygunslingers.com/

Please note that in order to plan things and lock things in, all entries need to be postmarked by June 1, unless we hit our limit of 120 shooters prior to that. Thanks for your help

13 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

We would love to go shoot in Nebraska again, but JULY??

I believe it is the best date available with the shooting park.   They hold alot events there put on by Hornady.

13 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

We would love to go shoot in Nebraska again, but JULY??

Sorry. With all the other events we host that actually make money to support all the sports, my options were April, July, and October, two months of which I am as likely to make snow/ice as I am nice weather. :) 

1 minute ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Sorry. With all the other events we host that actually make money to support all the sports, my options were April, July, and October, two months of which I am as likely to make snow/ice as I am nice weather. :) 

Yeah.... I think those other months are cursed for ya pard...:lol:

2 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Yeah.... I think those other months are cursed for ya pard...:lol:

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt

31 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Aw, c’mon now!

I was born in Nebraska. I don’t recall April and October having particularly bad weather!

3 minutes ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Aw, c’mon now!

I was born in Nebraska. I don’t recall April and October having particularly bad weather!

Well, I didn't either until I tried to schedule April matches. Both times we had beautiful weather before, snow and ice for match, then gorgeous right after. I gave up on April HA HA

19 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Well, I didn't either until I tried to schedule April matches. Both times we had beautiful weather before, snow and ice for match, then gorgeous right after. I gave up on April HA HA

The second Showdown was in the April up there.   First day cancelled, to much ice on the range... I-80 was closed down.   Second day we shot, but it was like 20-25 degrees with high winds. Lol I never had on so many layers!   Brr brr

Like I said buddy.. cursed 

12 minutes ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

There are a few RV sites on range on concrete pads with partial hookups.  I expect these will be reserved quickly.

Most have been spoken for but there are a very few left, though plenty of dry camping

46 minutes ago, StirrupTrouble said:

Well, I didn’t say it was PERFECT!:rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Bailey Creek,5759 said:

I would like to go. Am signed up for the Illinois State Shoot, same dates.

Maybe next year.

I believe the Illinois State Shoot is the following weekend 15-17th. 

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone planning on coming to the shoot, we need to have entries by June 1 for the awards/food vendors. Thanks again

On 4/7/2022 at 11:48 AM, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Aw, c’mon now!

We are having snow in May.

2 hours ago, Tell Sackett SASS 18436 said:

Wow. I don’t remember seeing that when I was there!

Must be global warming!!:blink:

Western Nebraska got 15" the other day

Latest batch of confirmations were emailed out. We hope to have "Whos Coming" on our website this week live.

Just a reminder, if you are coming, we need registrations in hand by 6/1 for our awards vendor (they need 4 weeks due to supply chain issues). I don't want anyone to miss out on an award if possible

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 10:05 PM, Parson Remington said:

Just sent in K-lyn Wolf's and my application.  See you in six weeks.

Sounds great!

Archived