SASS Wire Forum

SOLD 1887 12ga Born 1891

Up for sale is a restored Winchester 1887 made 1891 12 ga with LASSITER DROP TWO and 2 3/4” chamber cut 22” barrel new wood bone charcoal case color receiver. Ready to go. It can be shipped to your door No FFL we’re permitted. $2350 shipped and insurance. Can do layaway First I’ll take it 

thank you 

willie GOODNEWS 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

@willie GOODNEWS Would love to pick this up to start shooting Classic Cowboy.  Sorry if these are dumb questions.

1)  Does the gun still feed from the magazine or does Lassiter's drop two limit the gun to just dropping the two shells?

2)  I assume this is a black powder only, but with the longer chamber can one now use modern plastic crimped hulls or do you need to use shorter roll crimped ammo?

3)  What is the length of pull? 

It is a drop 2. With the lever all the open the magazine tube is blocked from being loaded. Ensert 2 rounds and as you close the lever the carrier drops down allowing the bottom shell in the magazine and the top shell chambers.

The length of pull is 12 3/4” giving you room to work the long lever throw.

i shoot plastic AA or STS hulls with black powder and use the regular folded crimp. I also put crisco in the webbing of the plastic hull for lube and I shoot the whole match without cleaning it keeps the fouling soft and no buildup.

Winchester used smokeless powder in the 1880s in 10 and 12 ga 

thanks

willie GOODNEWS 

• willie GOODNEWS changed the title to $2350 WINCHESTER 1887 12ga Born 1891
  • willie GOODNEWS changed the title to SOLDWINCHESTER 1887 12ga Born 1891

Archived